HP TT Project Underway!

Almo

Established Member
speedofsound said:
alright, just heard back. my wastegate springs are only good for 10lbs and since I was a lazya** not connecting up my boost controller, that's all they could tune to. So at 10lbs it pumped out 510whp / 490tq ...very humid today, but are still great numbers. I am picking it up tomorrow morning and driving it straight to Carlisle!

oh and I do have drainback issues. I have a Westech scavange pump lying around that I will put on at some point.

Yep... I rode up when Chris was finishing a pull and you could tell about the drainback.

That said, you want to catch Justin around the shop. He is thick into things that are being done up in the background to help solve this problem for good.

I'll PM you his number if you want. I'll have to call him to make sure it is ok but I am sure he will not mind.

You can let me know.

Also, you spoke to Hector... how long has he had his twin kit. 3 years now and its still going strong, not to mention he drive it to the track, runs it and drives it home. Very impressive for 3 years worth of fun from a turbo packed Mustang.

Cheers,
Allen

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Almo said:
Yep... I rode up when Chris was finishing a pull and you could tell about the drainback.

That said, you want to catch Justin around the shop. He is thick into things that are being done up in the background to help solve this problem for good.

I'll PM you his number if you want. I'll have to call him to make sure it is ok but I am sure he will not mind.

You can let me know.

Also, you spoke to Hector... how long has he had his twin kit. 3 years now and its still going strong, not to mention he drive it to the track, runs it and drives it home. Very impressive for 3 years worth of fun from a turbo packed Mustang.

Cheers,
Allen

I spoke to Hector? Not sure that I did, but that is nice to know that his is still running great! Also, as far as drainback goes, I have the restrictors, braided feed lines and bigger braided return lines. We are going to look at the routing of them one more time, but if that doesn't solve it, I'll speak to Justin (can you PM me his number?), then last resort being the scavange pump.

It ran great during the trip to/from Carlisle ...even got caught in the rain for most of it and no drivability concerns (other than my DRs!). I am having problems at cold starts though, its WAY lean and doesn't want to stay running. I have to keep the rpm up until it settles itself out (a minute or two); will call Chris tomorrow and see if he can't fix that. :beer:

GREY GOD

Established Member
speed, love the tt kit. had no idea that you had just gotten it
done last week. now i see why you mentioned the oil drainback
on mach site after the takeoff vids.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
GREY GOD said:
speed, love the tt kit. had no idea that you had just gotten it
done last week. now i see why you mentioned the oil drainback
on mach site after the takeoff vids.

yeah :rolling: I could live with it for a weekend ...now its time to fix that nuisance!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
510 on 10psi...you WUSSIE!!!..

J/K....great setup man....wish I could see it in person.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
510 on 10psi...you WUSSIE!!!..

J/K....great setup man....wish I could see it in person.

are you saying that is low for 10psi? Or why did I stop at 10psi? :D

I see in your sig that your CAI is whistling? It could be that your EGR tube is not properly seated. Depending on how your intake spacer was installed (loosening EGR tube or loosening the bolts at the intake), that is the source of the whistle. Mine did the same thing until I fixed the EGR :beer:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
pulled on a Porsche 911 Turbo today ...I'd say this upgrade was a nice success :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread