HP TT Project Underway!

TRXboy

Established Member
If you don't mind, how deep are you into the car price wise, If you could even PM me an estimate...thanks alot dude, car is fuggin sick.

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
TRXboy said:
If you don't mind, how deep are you into the car price wise, If you could even PM me an estimate...thanks alot dude, car is fuggin sick.

Same question here! I have been saving funds for TT's and a full build, I am going to start this winter if all goes well. a pm would be nice if you dont mind. Thanks. O sick car btw.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
right now? ...forged motor (includes remove/replace done by performance shop and separate engine builder), turbo kit, fuel kit, plus misc. parts to get me where I am ..........$14k

Last edited:

1badiroc

Established Member
speedofsound said:
I'm tellin' ya man, we tried everything to not have to bang up the pipes ...nothing worked. Do you have those swaybar mounts? We only had to get .25-.5" from where we dinged it to get 2-3" of travel at the turbo. What's done is done though, can't wait to drive it
yes i have the swaybar on it still

1badiroc

Established Member
TRXboy said:
the turbo kit is $7500 a nice mach 1 your going to pay $18-25 grand

Venimus03

Established Member
Looking good Chris. Cory told me about the injecter issue. You should call Excessive Tuesday morning, maybe they have one laying around........

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Venimus03 said:
Looking good Chris. Cory told me about the injecter issue. You should call Excessive Tuesday morning, maybe they have one laying around........

are you the one with the comp. orange Cobra? it turns out my uncle has a brand new set of 60lb injectors lying around, so I am going to swap them out tomorrow if Cory's parents will let me do it in front of their house! :D

to everyone else ...I had fuel SPEWING from one of my injectors today ...like a garden hose at idle. possibly a bad seal since these injectors were used (80mi on them). ...or, we noticed a scratch or two in one of the ports from the rails, I hope this isn't causing any abnormalities ....my dyno is TUESDAY! :eek:

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Sounds like an o ring... good luck Tuesday!

By the way... sounds like you already have a tune? Or is it just a mail order and Chris will be tuning/pulling it tomorrow?

Last edited:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Almo said:
Sounds like an o ring... good luck Tuesday!

By the way... sounds like you already have a tune? Or is it just a mail order and Chris will be tuning/pulling it tomorrow?

its just an email tune from Rick @ Amazon to get me back home from where I worked on the car. Chris will be tuning/pulling for a few days.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
BlckSnake said:
We got everything fixed for now, headed out to get chris car tuned tomorrow wish us luck

yeah just replaced the leaking injector for now ...looking to see if the shop will replace the others for me :D

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
alright, just heard back. my wastegate springs are only good for 10lbs and since I was a lazya** not connecting up my boost controller, that's all they could tune to. So at 10lbs it pumped out 510whp / 490tq ...very humid today, but are still great numbers. I am picking it up tomorrow morning and driving it straight to Carlisle!

oh and I do have drainback issues. I have a Westech scavange pump lying around that I will put on at some point.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
speedofsound said:
alright, just heard back. my wastegate springs are only good for 10lbs and since I was a lazya** not connecting up my boost controller, that's all they could tune to. So at 10lbs it pumped out 510whp / 490tq ...very humid today, but are still great numbers. I am picking it up tomorrow morning and driving it straight to Carlisle!

oh and I do have drainback issues. I have a Westech scavange pump lying around that I will put on at some point.

Very nice!!! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread