HP TT Project Underway!

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
just thought I'd share the progress with my TT project. We finally dove into the maze of installations to happen this week and so far in two days, all the piping for the turbos (forward of the H-pipe) is bolted on (issues with missing parts from someone I bought the kit from ...had to fabricate oil fittings ...nightmare to be short). The next thing is finishing up the exhaust, throwing on MM coilovers (UPR's coilovers need improvements ...way too noisy), dropping the tank and installing the dual-line upgrade for my fuel system, and wiring up all gauges, boost controller and turbo timer. Its gonna be a long week! Anyway, here she is so far:

P1000684%20(resize).jpg

the driver side turbo is sitting an inch lower than it should. I have the steeda swaybar links with an Eibach swaybar and we had to bang in the exhaust side of the turbo piping to raise it up to that point! :bash: a lot of people just remove the swaybar, but this is NOT a drag car. :rolling: I've got more detailed pictures of certain things if anyone wants me to post them, just ask for them. :beer:

1slo32v

Established Member
Is this a stock motor car if so what are your goals as far as boost and power....if it is built i would like to hear about the build, and goals as well.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
1slo32v said:
Is this a stock motor car if so what are your goals as far as boost and power....if it is built i would like to hear about the build, and goals as well.

its built with 9cc pistons for 9.5:1 compression. my goals are to fully build the drivetrain and swap in a T56 to support 15-ish lbs of boost. right now I'll just be running ~6lbs. until I do the drivetrain.

TRXboy said:
The black intercooler is a nice touch.

I'm trying not to show everyone that I have TTs ...the turbos are behind the bumper for a reason, why ruin that? :rockon:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
speedofsound said:
its built with 9cc pistons for 9.5:1 compression. my goals are to fully build the drivetrain and swap in a T56 to support 15-ish lbs of boost. right now I'll just be running ~6lbs. until I do the drivetrain.

I'm trying not to show everyone that I have TTs ...the turbos are behind the bumper for a reason, why ruin that? :rockon:

Man that really looks sick. I can't wait until you get that beast on the DYNO. That is going to be one STEALTH MACH. Quiet and than all of sudden gone. My buddy just swapped his Yellow 04 Snake for a Hellion Boosted Sonic Blue 03. At 20 lbs of boost it puts down 719 rwhp. I got a ride this weekend and well it felt like an airplane right before take off....:D

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
speedofsound said:

Yeah and the MACH front bumper hides the Intercooler pretty well. I know it hides mine.....:D Unfortunately the ProCharger is not SHY..:-D

scotmach

Established Member
And I thought my Kenne Bell looked menacing but that looks downright scary. If you do any car shows will you remove the front bumper so people could see all the nice work you have done?

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
OrangeMach23 said:
My buddy just swapped his Yellow 04 Snake for a Hellion Boosted Sonic Blue 03. At 20 lbs of boost it puts down 719 rwhp. I got a ride this weekend and well it felt like an airplane right before take off....:D

:rockon: Does he have any videos of it yet!? I plan to have that whp at ~15psi. I'll be posting videos of the dyno runs soon! :D

OrangeMach23 said:
Unfortunately the ProCharger is not SHY

That's the main reason I didn't go with Procharger, no stealth whatsoever! :lol:

scotmach said:
If you do any car shows will you remove the front bumper so people could see all the nice work you have done?

I thought about it, but removing the bumper is a pain (unhooking foglights, screws, storing where no one will kick it) ...hopefully they'll see the BOVs at the show, or maybe I should put a big sign saying (I have twins!) :lol:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
anything look different? :rolling: My dad modified my strut brace to fit around the intake tube. It looks like I just bought the thing! I think I am going to keep it looking "brushed" and just clear coat it since it looks so nice sitting there! ...fuel system goes on tomorrow! More wiring of the interior as well :bored:

P1000724%20(resize).jpg

P1000729%20(resize).jpg

I guess I'll just post updates everyday ...I took a week off of work just for this! :beer:

swervo

Established Member
That's awesome man. I love the blacked out intercooler and BOVs. I just got mine back from MPH after getting HP twin 57mm turbo kit installed. Im still on my stock block, so Im running 7lbs. Tim from MPH got 460rwhp/479rwtq with 10* of timing. Cant wait to see your results man.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
swervo said:
That's awesome man. I love the blacked out intercooler and BOVs. I just got mine back from MPH after getting HP twin 57mm turbo kit installed. Im still on my stock block, so Im running 7lbs. Tim from MPH got 460rwhp/479rwtq with 10* of timing. Cant wait to see your results man.

fantastic! where are the videos!? :beer: your mach is very well done :rockon:

swervo

Established Member
speedofsound said:
fantastic! where are the videos!? :beer: your mach is very well done :rockon:

No vids yet man, sorry. I got back home late saturday, then had to work sunday. I work nights which means Im sleeping most of the day, then go back to work. I'll try and see if I can borrow a camcorder this weekend. Wish I had built block so I can turn up the boost, but I have to save up some more money to do that. I already have a teksid block, spare mach heads and intake manifold just sitting at my house waiting to be built. Oh yeah, driving her is so awesome! The sound of the turbos spooling and the BOVs going off is badass! Sorry im just rambling. :rolling:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
well ...the fuel system is on (NICE kit from someone I met on modfords, I recommend this dual line kit to ANYONE, top quality) and the exhaust is buttoned up. the only thing left before we fire her up are the vacuum lines to the BOVs and wastegates. nothing exciting to post as far as pictures go for today, so here is a picture of the driver side pipe we had to beat in to clear the swaybar ...Steeda mounts or not, if you want to keep your swaybar, you will more than likely have to do this :bash: oh and somehow we got that turbo to go an inch higher than the first picture I posted, without banging in the pipe more ...its a dang jigsaw puzzle. :D

P1000752%20(resize).jpg

Last edited:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
BlckSnake said:
Hey Chris we cruizing on sunday

I WISH! I can't go on any cruises until its properly tuned. We started it for the first time today and it cranked on the first try. Everything looks great, no leaks, and the turbos are spinning beautifully. The drivability tune I got from Rick @ Amazon is way rich ...the fumes in the garage were making my eyes burn! :D I'll get a new tune tomorrow and will call Excessive for a dyno session sometime next week. it sounds so bada**! :rockon:

Last edited:

1badiroc

Established Member
i have the same kit on my car with 6 lbs of boost it made 502hp i have a auto 2003 mach 1 the kit fits tite but u shoulnt have to dent it up to fit!the exhaust pipe goes on first then the pipe that comes off the header u leave everything loose until it all fits

Last edited:

1badiroc

Established Member
speedofsound said:
just thought I'd share the progress with my TT project. We finally dove into the maze of installations to happen this week and so far in two days, all the piping for the turbos (forward of the H-pipe) is bolted on (issues with missing parts from someone I bought the kit from ...had to fabricate oil fittings ...nightmare to be short). The next thing is finishing up the exhaust, throwing on MM coilovers (UPR's coilovers need improvements ...way too noisy), dropping the tank and installing the dual-line upgrade for my fuel system, and wiring up all gauges, boost controller and turbo timer. Its gonna be a long week! Anyway, here she is so far:

P1000684%20(resize).jpg

the driver side turbo is sitting an inch lower than it should. I have the steeda swaybar links with an Eibach swaybar and we had to bang in the exhaust side of the turbo piping to raise it up to that point! :bash: a lot of people just remove the swaybar, but this is NOT a drag car. :rolling: I've got more detailed pictures of certain things if anyone wants me to post them, just ask for them. :beer:
i had the same problem loosen the pipe from the header and push it up as far as it will go the driver turbo in your pic is too lowthen turn your exhaust pipe until there is 3 innches of space its a bitch but the kits do fit tite

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
1badiroc said:
i had the same problem loosen the pipe from the header and push it up as far as it will go the driver turbo in your pic is too lowthen turn your exhaust pipe until there is 3 innches of space its a bitch but the kits do fit tite

I'm tellin' ya man, we tried everything to not have to bang up the pipes ...nothing worked. Do you have those swaybar mounts? We only had to get .25-.5" from where we dinged it to get 2-3" of travel at the turbo. What's done is done though, can't wait to drive it

Users who are viewing this thread