Hp Tuners to Lund

Canadian5.0

Established Member
Hi all.

I've got a 2014 GT with long tubes/CAI currently tuned with HP Tuners at a local shop. Car made good power on the dyno but i'm not 100% sold on the tune as it does have the occasional stall. Not wanting to take it back just cause i'm not comfortable with their ability with coyote tunes as they mostly do high hp imports. So i've decided to switch over to a Lund Ngauge.

Only thing I wasn't sure about was do I need to have the car flashed back to stock before loading the Lund tune? Or will it just download and override what's currently in the car.

Thanks

onefastmf

Established Member
It will override but every now and then my tuner will have me go back to stock and then download new file, not sure why, but i just do it. So if i were you i would just go back to stock first

Canadian5.0

Established Member
Anyone familiar with how this might work with hp tuners? When I got the tune they said I was just buying the "licence" for the tune from hp tuners since there's no hand held. Would it be reasonable to assume they would be able to just plug in and reset or would I be buying another "stock" revision from them.

Sorry if this is a little confusing I'm just not sure how to approach them 6 months after the fact or whether they'd have the tune stored in their files.

talonderiel

Established Member
hmmm.... I might be in the same boat you are. The shop that did my CJ setup did the tune and I never got a copy of the stock tune.

I know when I got the tune from Lund, which is amazing! ... I just over-rid the tune the other shop did and haven't looked back since. I highly recommend Lund.

GT Nick

I'm new to muscle car stuff, I just purchased a 13 Mustang GT. It has a Rouch Exhaust with a just installed Seeda CAI. When is necessary to use a tuner, or have the engine tuned? can anybody help.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Anyone familiar with how this might work with hp tuners? When I got the tune they said I was just buying the "licence" for the tune from hp tuners since there's no hand held. Would it be reasonable to assume they would be able to just plug in and reset or would I be buying another "stock" revision from them.

Sorry if this is a little confusing I'm just not sure how to approach them 6 months after the fact or whether they'd have the tune stored in their files.

You have to use credits to tune a car with HP Tuners. If the car came to my shop we could just suck the old file out, it wouldn't matter. Just see what Lund prefers.

fishpick

Established Member
FWIW - Lund told me it's $150 to flip an HP to a Lund nGauge... my guess is that covers their tuning credit cost for your strategy...

That cost is NOT the tune - just to make your nGauge a "Lund" flavor...

And you have to update to their firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread