Hpp motor sports spark plug gap question

Chovy03

Established Member
So I called hpp motorsports and asked them about plugs and gaps. I got the response of ngk br7ef and a gap size of .018. That sounds awfully close to me. Can someone give me some input here? I might have heard him wrong but that seems off to me. Thanks peoples.

Chovy03

Established Member
They are tuning for me on March 3rd. That's why I called. I have 2.7-2.8 pulley, intake and headers back. And recommended that I use amsoil rd 50 for engine oil....

Last edited:

Fat-cat

Established Member
that is super tight. I would say .28-.30 should be fine. Gap them down more if you have issues. .18 is ****en crazy train. My 5.4 800 wheel turbo car is gapped at .28 and no issues.

Chovy03

Established Member
Yeah I thoughht that sounded ridiculous. I am going to go with .28-.30 and go from there. Just wanted to make sure I didn't go completely stupid for a second. Thank y'all

TexasSpeed

Established Member
My '03 was just tuned by HPP last week and they installed those exact same plugs. I'm guessing they are a .028 and not .018. In either case, those guys know their stuff and will gap/re-gap until it is good to go. They squeezed more power out of mine than I even expected.

Todd

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'd have said .032" with Tr6's myself if those are your mod's in your second post above…

Chovy03

Established Member
My '03 was just tuned by HPP last week and they installed those exact same plugs. I'm guessing they are a .028 and not .018. In either case, those guys know their stuff and will gap/re-gap until it is good to go. They squeezed more power out of mine than I even expected.

Todd

What did you get out of it and what mods?

TexasSpeed

Established Member
What did you get out of it and what mods?

Minimal mods:
JLT RAI
2.8 pulley
New plugs
Borla Stinger cat-back
Off-road X

471/491 with the HPP tune. It was on a canned Diablosport tune and previously made 443/467. Only change was the X pipe and custom tune.

Todd

Last edited:

stuntstere

Established Member
They are tuning for me on March 3rd. That's why I called. I have 2.7-2.8 pulley, intake and headers back. And recommended that I use amsoil rd 50 for engine oil....

For that combo I would run NGK TR7IX and gap them at .32. If you don't know how to properly gap iridium plugs run the regular TR6 copper plug at .32. As for oil run any quality 5w-30. I personally run royal purple HPS 5w-30.

Users who are viewing this thread