hsssssss NOISE

Dunny

I'M RICK JAMES....
Established Member
I get a hissing noise when I press the the clutch in while going into first gear. It stops when I let off clutch. Is that normal? If so what is the meaning (function) of it. Only had the car for two weeks and trying to get "in touch" with it. Wife sold my Lightning while deployed and bought me this GT500. I like the idea of changing the CAI and pulleys to get more noise from the SC. The Lightning screamed and the GT is quiet. But read alot of articles here and soaking in all the advice. Thanx brothers for the help and info.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
The hissing noise is the ceramic plates of the clutch engaging. It should only make noise when releasing the clutch.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Extremely normal. Mine stopped when we put the RST clutch in (obviously)

SicShelby09

Banned
Let me be the first to say that this is NOT normal if you are hearing the hisssss when the clutch is all the way down. (depressed). This is a sign that the TSB needs to be done, and your flywheel is warped and the clutch is not fully disengaging from it. I read you post like 5 times and it sounds like you are hearing the hiss when the pedal is all the way down. If this is the case, then its NOT normal and you need the TSB done. If you are hearing the hiss when you are letting the clutch pedal UP, as in taking off in first then yes its normal. But I just wanted to be clear about when you are hearing the hissssss. It can be normal, but not if you are hearing it when the pedal is all the way down and you are sitting still. Let us know...

Users who are viewing this thread