HTC Evo 4 Owners

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Thoughts on the phone?

Not switching to Verizon just for a phone - althought the new X looks pretty badass, and certainly like the google platform.

Anyone had any luck picking one up at Best Buy? Seem to be sold out everywhere right as I'm trying to get rid of the Blackberry.

Satyr

Established Member
Evo 4 is for Sprint...I haven't heard they brought it to Verizon, unless you meant that you aren't switching just for the Droid X.

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
Go for it man, I love mine and just had a Hero. They are all sold here in all the stores here in Austin. I got lucky to get mine because they had 2 left at the Radio Shack store I went to. The phone kicks ass especially the monthly bill that comes with it I think in my opinion.There is a waiting list just to get one.

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
apparently no one can get them... my wife wants one but there are none to be had anywhere... great way to sell a new product.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I pre ordered mine from RadioShack and had to wait about a week.

I can't think of anything to bitch about other than the phone did not come with an HDMI cable and battery life sucks balls for the first week or so.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Apparently I've got a $150 rebate on top of the $100 rebate through Sprint for being a long time customer. I think I'm gonna pick one up soon for an early b-day gift.

SVT-VNM

Established Member
Yeah I'm on Sprint - def. going for the Evo 4 - tried 2 radio shacks so far but they are morons and have no idea when their inventory gets refreshed.

Was thinking BB might be easier - but I DOUBT they have any either.

Pretty sad it came out earlier this month and still OOS.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Yeah I'm on Sprint - def. going for the Evo 4 - tried 2 radio shacks so far but they are morons and have no idea when their inventory gets refreshed.

Was thinking BB might be easier - but I DOUBT they have any either.

Pretty sad it came out earlier this month and still OOS.

I looked at it at BB right when it came out and they had it in stock so my guess is that it took a week or two for it to take off, and for people to realize how good it is. That or they were waiting for the Iphone to come out to see how it compares.:shrug:

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Apparently I've got a $150 rebate on top of the $100 rebate through Sprint for being a long time customer. I think I'm gonna pick one up soon for an early b-day gift.

Thats the deal I had. Buy it thru RadioShack though. They handle the rebate for you. It costs you $199 TOTAL.

No bullshit mail in stuff.

kaotic

Established Member
T-Mobile's HTC H2 looks pretty badass too...

The hd2 is close hardware wise to the Evo except it runs Windows mobile 6.5 vs android for the evo and the incredible. I still like my HD2 but many people hate windows mobile.. fwiw

SVT-VNM

Established Member
My goal is to find one this weekend. We shall see who I can swindle out of "holding" a phone for some tool who hasn't picked his up yet.

Doubtful though. Will probably have to order one.

94_Vert

Established Member
I got mine from bb.com, and didn't have to wait compared to others. It is pretty sweet, it and the droid x on verizon are the same phone

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
My fiance has it.. I do not like it. I only accesses 4G in towns/cities that support it, and seems sluggish in the menu screens. My only compliment is the animated menu screen, and even that has it limitations (ie: poor graphics on the things I have seen). Wait or get the hated iPhone.. sh!t I love mine. 3GS too.

EZMachN

Established Member
Is it worth $120 more a year over a palm pre when you live nowhere around 4g service and probably won't have it in over a year?

Users who are viewing this thread