Hurricane Florence

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Real photo of entire building blown onto its roof by Hurricane Florence winds!!!!
9aed8df60ede6686e5ea9f946655722f.jpg

CV355

_
Established Member
No one likes Clemson. UGA UGA UGA.

Haha, I'm not partial to any. I just hate how the culture spills over into everything around here- it's shoved in your face whether you like it or not. People enjoy football, no problem, not my place to be like "stop liking what I don't like!!" But man good luck going anywhere during football season.

As for the hurricane... So far it has been very tame here. Hasn't reached us yet.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
We received some residual effects here in the Shenandoah Valley on Shenandoah River. Water ran clear over he south fork dam.
f32a7cfd1ee71cd34454958f7128368b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdown220

Established Member
With the hurricane heading south instead of straight up through NC like the original forecast was, we avoided most of everything except for steady rain saturday and sunday and wind. There were some local roads flooded, a tree that fell over crossing the 4 lane highway and taking down a power pole, which then set the tree on fire (that was pretty cool to watch from a distance).

Our power went out Sat. morning a few hours before I was scheduled to be at work. I was not expecting power outage so early in the storm so I ended up packing everything in the dark, I drove my wife and son to her parents to drop off the contents of our fridge/freezer, then dropped them off at my parents since they have a generator and had power. i headed back to work and 5 minutes from work get a text from boss saying we are closed, I continue in just to put up a notice and have customers waiting at the door. After turning the customers away and leaving work I headed back to my parents. Once i get there I get a text saying my power is back. reverse the process and head back home. 3 Hours later power is back off, pack the car back up and repeat. Came back home saturday night, sunday morning power back off, getting pissed off now, just stay on or off!! Throughout sunday power would go off and on in about 3 hour intervals.

But all said and done no damage to home or vehicles. Hope everyone else faired ok aswell.

_Snake_

Established Member
With the hurricane heading south instead of straight up through NC like the original forecast was, we avoided most of everything except for steady rain saturday and sunday and wind. There were some local roads flooded, a tree that fell over crossing the 4 lane highway and taking down a power pole, which then set the tree on fire (that was pretty cool to watch from a distance).

Our power went out Sat. morning a few hours before I was scheduled to be at work. I was not expecting power outage so early in the storm so I ended up packing everything in the dark, I drove my wife and son to her parents to drop off the contents of our fridge/freezer, then dropped them off at my parents since they have a generator and had power. i headed back to work and 5 minutes from work get a text from boss saying we are closed, I continue in just to put up a notice and have customers waiting at the door. After turning the customers away and leaving work I headed back to my parents. Once i get there I get a text saying my power is back. reverse the process and head back home. 3 Hours later power is back off, pack the car back up and repeat. Came back home saturday night, sunday morning power back off, getting pissed off now, just stay on or off!! Throughout sunday power would go off and on in about 3 hour intervals.

But all said and done no damage to home or vehicles. Hope everyone else faired ok aswell.

Ever considered buying a generator of your own? :p

_Snake_

Established Member
Lol not yet, we are still renting for the next few years until we are ready to buy a place. Then I'll buy a generator for our own home

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Gotcha.

Far more importantly, glad to hear you and your family are safe and weren’t too badly impacted.

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
I no longer have a home but family is ok , Shelby survived (not that a car matters) , House is un liveable, I’m a deputy sheriff and I’ve been at work since last Wednesday. First hand experience with other first responders from around the state and other states coming in to help is eye opening. Haven’t had cell service but Verizon brought in a mobile cell boost tower. National guard, Army, and coast guard is all here, Red Cross and FEMA, and the Salvation Army.

People ask me how can I be out 20 hours a day helping rescue people trapped on roofs knowing my house is messed up. I just tell them it’s my job but also I like helping others.

When Hurricane Florence first hit and the floods started I probably slept 3 hours out of 48 hours.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
^Bless you. Get some rest though, at a certain point you become more of a risk than help

And strand board. *cringe* That stuff's not legal in South Florida thanks to Andrew (along with wood wall studs, wood second story, etc...)

Zemedici

Established Member
I no longer have a home but family is ok , Shelby survived (not that a car matters) , House is un liveable, I’m a deputy sheriff and I’ve been at work since last Wednesday. First hand experience with other first responders from around the state and other states coming in to help is eye opening. Haven’t had cell service but Verizon brought in a mobile cell boost tower. National guard, Army, and coast guard is all here, Red Cross and FEMA, and the Salvation Army.

People ask me how can I be out 20 hours a day helping rescue people trapped on roofs knowing my house is messed up. I just tell them it’s my job but also I like helping others.

When Hurricane Florence first hit and the floods started I probably slept 3 hours out of 48 hours.

holy shit man. Glad the family is ok. Good luck with everything.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

Sorry to hear about your house man. Good thing you and your family are safe. Thank you for your law enforcement service as well as what you do. Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yes sir. Continuesly flowed through for about 48 hours open. So bedroom was flooded, I wasn’t home so I couldn’t tarp it.
Wind tear off the shingles? That was a major problem here when we had our big one 14 years ago. The older roofs counldn't handle the 140 mph wind, peeled the shingles off and in came the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread