Hurricane Harvey

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Be safe down there and prayers that there is no loss of life. You can always replace property but not lives.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Best of luck. As a child born of a natural disaster (thanks hurricane hugo), wrap it up.

I kid. But be safe. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Be safe to those in the path of the hurricane. Looks like a dangerous one. If you're asked to evacuate, pack up and leave your home vs. trying to ride it out. Flooding is the primary concern from what I'm hearing.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
to my fellow Texans in the path, good luck and please don't let your mustangs drown.
If anyone needs resources during or after maybe some of us might know people who can help.
God bless and I hope everyone comes out of this unscathed.
you guys are going to need this the worst. Houston is gonna get hammered like there is no tomorrow. Austin is going to get hit with something between 2 and 5 inches my yard MIGHT get flooded like it did a few years ago

MG0h3

Established Member
TK how does Houston look so far?

Im down in the valley and its just cloudy and windy so far.

If anybody ends up in a total shit sandwhich post here; I or my coworkers may end up in the area in the next day or two.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
This will definitely be a unique hurricane. Very unusual for it to make landfall and then just sit there and dump rain. Tropical storm Allison back in '01 did and dumped almost 30" of rain in 24 hours. Harvey will be even stronger. Stay safe guys.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
TK how does Houston look so far?

Im down in the valley and its just cloudy and windy so far.

If anybody ends up in a total shit sandwhich post here; I or my coworkers may end up in the area in the next day or two.

No wind, some bands of rain but it stopped raining for now where I am.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'm in NW cypress/Tomball just light rain. Apparently today and even part of Saturday won't be too bad, it's Sunday, Monday that we are really going to get dumped on.

helloWorld

Established Member
I've been in contact with my father who lives in Harlingen, which is by South Padre Island. He is saying Corpus is getting pounded, but he just has some wind and rain in his area. Getting a little storm surge on South Padre.

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
Thanks guys, we'll be ok, I'm firing up the pit, putting a brisket on, crackin some cold ones, lighting a cigar, and going to watch it rain.

MG0h3

Established Member
^^^ Im in Mcallen. No rain yet but you can see the weather coming from the east.

Hotels are packed here; people slept in the parking lot last night waiting for rooms.

MG0h3

Established Member
I've been in contact with my father who lives in Harlingen, which is by South Padre Island. He is saying Corpus is getting pounded, but he just has some wind and rain in his area. Getting a little storm surge on South Padre.

Hope SPI doesn't get hammered too bad. Have a condo reserved for Sept8-10 for my GFs bday.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Last time I saw a thread like this, the OP lost his car (completely flooded)....

May luck be on your side. Every one stay safe.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I havent seen shit yet...
Still got the beer ready though

Users who are viewing this thread