Hurt my baby :(

Z20WHAT

Established Member
I have a question and a story.

Well I was auto-crossing today and had a little rendezvous with the guardrail after a slight spin out (THANKS TO TRACTION CONTROL BAH!).

Anyway, there will be a video posted soon from the Chebby goons on all the message boards I’m sure, so be prepared. Realize I backed it up, however, by running the best time of all the cars there, even some SCCA Corvettes.

The damage is only slight, just need a new rear bumper and I’m ok obviously.

I need to know where the best and cheapest place to get a replacement bumper is. I’ve seen them for $290 on the FordPartsNetwork. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by Z20WHAT
[B Realize I backed it up, however, by running the best time of all the cars there, even some SCCA Corvettes.
[/B]

Noie going. Don't worry about the vid, deep down they all know they got beat by the Uber-Fairmont. :)

Z20WHAT

Established Member
cobra1.jpg

cobra2.jpg

cobra3.jpg

cobra4.jpg

bradz2125

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
Can that exhaust tip be bent back into place or will that need to be replaced as well? Cough.....Borla.....Cough :beer:

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by bradz2125
Can that exhaust tip be bent back into place or will that need to be replaced as well? Cough.....Borla.....Cough :beer:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dang u really did back it up. :bash:

Ur exhaust doesnt look stock :shrug:

Good Luck ... im sure she will look just like brand new after the fix.

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
Originally posted by Z20WHAT
I have a question and a story.

Well I was auto-crossing today and had a little rendezvous with the guardrail after a slight spin out (THANKS TO TRACTION CONTROL BAH!).

Anyway, there will be a video posted soon from the Chebby goons on all the message boards I’m sure, so be prepared. Realize I backed it up, however, by running the best time of all the cars there, even some SCCA Corvettes.

The damage is only slight, just need a new rear bumper and I’m ok obviously.

I need to know where the best and cheapest place to get a replacement bumper is. I’ve seen them for $290 on the FordPartsNetwork. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

i went thru the exact same thing, except i wasn't autocrossing it was on a road with ditches on both sides. mine was also caused by traction control. :fm:

anyways, almost the same amount of damage except it was on the passenger's side. i took it into the ford dealer to have the bumper replaced, and they also had to take it to a muffler shop and have them fix the bent catback. all in all it cost me almost $850, but you can't even tell it ever happened.

here are some pics of the damage: http://killabyte.redirectme.net/03damage.shtml

and after it was fixed: http://killabyte.no-ip.com:8080/images/03cobra/03Cobra-Zaino06.jpg

i give them a 9.5 out of 10. there is just a slightly larger gap on the passengers side between the rear quarterpanel and bumper, but you really can't even tell unless you compare both sides. no biggie. i hope yours gets back into shape and better than ever! :)

donpablo

Established Member
Sorry to here about that. Were u at the NOVA mustang club autocross event?

Don't know if u have a body shop, but I can't say enough good things about Professional Collision Center in Woodbridge on Rte 1. Very professional...very nice people. Very impressed with their work.

DonPablo

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Originally posted by DonPablo94SVT
Sorry to here about that. Were u at the NOVA mustang club autocross event?

Don't know if u have a body shop, but I can't say enough good things about Professional Collision Center in Woodbridge on Rte 1. Very professional...very nice people. Very impressed with their work.

DonPablo

Thank you and yes I was with the NVMC and NVCC autocrossing. I've heard good things about them too but I think I have a buddy of mine gonna do the painting, not sure.

Does FORD do painting and body part replacements or do they outsource it?

donpablo

Established Member
Depends on the dealership. Sheehy in Springfield use to have a body shop...for whatever reason they closed it...so yes, they outsource it.

I did the Saleen East Coast Event Cruise a few weeks ago up in the Shenandoah Mountains...alot of fun.

Hey, by the way...do you know if there are cars getting together every Sat night out in Chantilly? If so, may try to come out next saturday.

DonPablo

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Originally posted by DonPablo94SVT
Depends on the dealership. Sheehy in Springfield use to have a body shop...for whatever reason they closed it...so yes, they outsource it.

I did the Saleen East Coast Event Cruise a few weeks ago up in the Shenandoah Mountains...alot of fun.

Hey, by the way...do you know if there are cars getting together every Sat night out in Chantilly? If so, may try to come out next saturday.

DonPablo

We have our Mustang Club meetings every two weeks at the Dulles Expo Center. Next one is in two weeks because we just had one. There is a cruise in spot up in Sterling at the Dulles Town Center and also here in Manassas at the Burger King every friday night and Saturday night.

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
How did traction control cause your loss, just out of curiousity? I've done something outragiously similar, and I was wondering if t/c was the culprit. Sorry for your bumber, btw, I know that hurts.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Nice video. Kudos to the video guys who still gave you props for your good driving after your crash...73 secs, fastest in your heat.

Wa2GO for getting back in the saddle. I would have thought about packing up my toys and leaving...gotta hand it to you dude.

BTW...I was watching an autocross this weekend in Knoxville at the Smokies arena. I didn't get there early enough for the driver's meeting so I couldn't race. However, I'm interested in your postmortem...when you missed the shift in the straight going into your turn, did it disorient you? Did you go into the turn with too much speed and either lift off the gas or hit the brake, causing the rear end to get light and cause the loss of traction? Or was it just trying like mad to get around the cones in a tailhappy situation. hehe Gotta love it.

Your hook-slide is exactly what happened to me on a busy Asheville highway. When the 03 (and 04s probably) start to slide and we catch them on oversteer, they hook *REAL* quick and whip the other way too fast to catch.

Looks like some DOT spec "race" tires are in your future? :D

Last edited:

2003snake

Established Member
Just saw your video on a local board......I thought that you ran it at Langley.....guess not.

Where in Virginia are you? I'm on the east coast, in the Norfolk area

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ouch! But it could have been a lot worse. I can't believe you didn't damage your tail light assembly since the impact point was so close to it. I'd say you were very fortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread