Hushpowers VS gt500's

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Does anyone know which of these 2 is louder? I have the gt500 and they are just so tame, i cant take it anymore. Im looking for a nice deep rumble but dont want to wake up the neighbors. Ive heard these two are close but anyone with exp can you please chime in???

thnx

5.0jake

Established Member
Does anyone know which of these 2 is louder? I have the gt500 and they are just so tame, i cant take it anymore. Im looking for a nice deep rumble but dont want to wake up the neighbors. Ive heard these two are close but anyone with exp can you please chime in???

thnx

I don't have an exact answer to your question since Ive never heard the Hushpowers in person. I too had the GT500 ab's and thought they were too tame.
You could remove the resonators to make the GT500's a bit louder and sound better.
You could also remove the cats but would require a tune. Would sound awesome.
I personally moved to the Roush ab's and love the sound! No drone and are loud or quiet when you want them to be. Ive had the Roush for almost a year.

Last edited:

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I was in teh same boat as you at first......w/GT500 AB's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLA6rheiAAw&list=UUut3s-zkWgyPrwe3Ui2AHyw&index=5&feature=plcp

THEN, I removed the Resonators and they were louder
THEN, I wanted it deeper so I installed the 3" JBA H-Pipe and it was deeper & louder!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoGj9R-jqsI&list=UUut3s-zkWgyPrwe3Ui2AHyw&index=4&feature=plcp
NOW, it's Perfect for me!!! (Hard to tell from the videos above....but trust me there is a difference!)

Unless you are gonna do the above save yourself the hassle and get the ROUSH mufflers, trust me I have been down the GT500 rd. I LOVE it now, but it would have been easier to just get the ROUSH Mufflers and been done with it!

My buddy has the same car except with ROUSH mufflers (Stock manifolds, Stock resonators, Stoc cats) and his is just a tad bit louder (Very slightly though) than mine but his has a hollow crackle when reving Something I don't like.... mine is smoother and deep throughout the rev. Which I LOVE~!

If I ever change it will be for the FRPP Sport Mufflers! But they are $600+

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I don't have an exact answer to your question since Ive never heard the Hushpowers in person. I too had the GT500 ab's and thought they were too tame.
You could remove the resonators to make the GT500's a bit louder and sound better.
You could also remove the cats but would require a tune. Would sound awesome.
I personally moved to the Roush ab's and love the sound! No drone and are loud or quiet when you want them to be. Ive had the Roush for almost a year.

i should note that i have a 3inch hfc X pipe, it does make them louder, but i really want the deep rumble, deep exhaust tone...ill have to check out roush

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I was in teh same boat as you at first......w/GT500 AB's. GT Exhaust #1 (GT500 axle Back with Stock H-Pipe & resonators) - YouTube

THEN, I removed the Resonators and they were louder
THEN, I wanted it deeper so I installed the 3" JBA H-Pipe and it was deeper & louder!
GT Exhaust video 2 (GT500, JBA H-Pipe NO resonators) - YouTube
NOW, it's Perfect for me!!! (Hard to tell from the videos above....but trust me there is a difference!)

Unless you are gonna do the above save yourself the hassle and get the ROUSH mufflers, trust me I have been down the GT500 rd. I LOVE it now, but it would have been easier to just get the ROUSH Mufflers and been done with it!

My buddy has the same car except with ROUSH mufflers (Stock manifolds, Stock resonators, Stoc cats) and his is just a tad bit louder (Very slightly though) than mine but his has a hollow crackle when reving Something I don't like.... mine is smoother and deep throughout the rev. Which I LOVE~!

If I ever change it will be for the FRPP Sport Mufflers! But they are $600+

nice vids man! I can tell a diff in tone. the HFC's i have when i first put them on really brought the gt500s to life, but i was still wanting a deeper tone. Now that i got tuned, they are even quieter!! lol its like everything is running so smooth with the tune that car just purrs now

Bmr4life

Established Member
My 3" O/R H with my Hush Powers is a lot louder than I was expecting it to be. From videos I see online, they are louder than gt500s. Oddly, I thought Hush Power meant they wouldn't be so loud, lol. This is coming from someone that had a 3v with LTs, no cats, and mac axle backs.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
nice vids man! I can tell a diff in tone. the HFC's i have when i first put them on really brought the gt500s to life, but i was still wanting a deeper tone. Now that i got tuned, they are even quieter!! lol its like everything is running so smooth with the tune that car just purrs now

H-pipe is gonna make things deeper sounding than an X-pipe....that's why I went to it and it worked.
If you want louder now then cut out your resonators ($40) and go from there!

If it still is not what you want then sell it all for a set of ROUSH's.

stang8psi

Established Member
I have the Hushpowers with A 3" off road x pipe and stock resonators, and it is loud but not in a bad way! It is mellow when cruising ( some drone 1800-2000 rpm ) but it sounds great when wot. I am considering going with the kooks axle back or JPC's just to get rid of the drone, But outside the car it sounds awesome.

Last edited:

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I have the Roush AB and love it, it's just a little quiet for my tastes. I have an o/r x ready to install which should open it up.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
MachMe just recently changed out his GT500s for the Hushpower AB. He says the volume and tone are much more along the lines of what he was used to with his old Mach.

Hope that helps.

ViciousJay

Established Member
i have Hushs with no resonators, i can try to grab some video when i get home if youd like.. ????

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
i have Hushs with no resonators, i can try to grab some video when i get home if youd like.. ????

yes Jay if you could i would really appreciate it!

I think im going to pull the trigger on the hushpowers, the gt500 are just too quiet

mjc1055

Established Member
Question for the h-pipe owners - my car already has a magnaflow competition catback, which includes the axle backs and deletes the resonators. would adding a 3" h-pipe actually change anything, sound or power wise? the rest of the exhaust is stock and i have no plan to tune it.

gimpy2011

Established Member
The Hushpowers are more raspy sounding to me me than the GT500s.

Hushpower Axle Back vs GT500 = about the same
Hushpower Cat Back vs GT500 = Hushpower is louder but more raspy
Hushpower Cat Back + no cats is extremely loud and almost too raspy

stang910

Established Member
I have the GT500's on my car and the Hushpowers on the wifes car, both with an OR-X and I like them both. The hushpowers are alot louder and alot deeper then the GT500's. I can hear them about a mile down the road. I had the hushpowers on my car, but they droned too much for my liking so replaced them with the 500's. If the hushpowers didn't drone I'd still have them on my car.

Users who are viewing this thread