Hushpowers VS gt500's

kona12

Established Member
I have flows 70s wanted something differ with offroad Hpipe car sounds great. Get alot of compliments, but I first tried without resonators and it was alittle crazy, so i had gotten a set of stock mids with resonators back on and now perfect very aggresive, at WOT its another monster

stang8psi

Established Member
I have the GT500's on my car and the Hushpowers on the wifes car, both with an OR-X and I like them both. The hushpowers are alot louder and alot deeper then the GT500's. I can hear them about a mile down the road. I had the hushpowers on my car, but they droned too much for my liking so replaced them with the 500's. If the hushpowers didn't drone I'd still have them on my car.

Exactly why I am going to replace them on my car, with the off road x it sounds good, but that drone is starting to get to me. I will be a kooks steeda or jpc owner here shortly.

Lone Star

Established Member
Does anyone know which of these 2 is louder? I have the gt500 and they are just so tame, i cant take it anymore. Im looking for a nice deep rumble but dont want to wake up the neighbors. Ive heard these two are close but anyone with exp can you please chime in???

thnx

I had the gt500 mufflers on my car for just over 20,000 miles (no CAI, no tune, stock cats and stock h with resonators all attached) I wanted more from them as well but love the sound they produce, just not loud enough at idle, or cruise. I had a friend looking to sell flowmaster hushpower axle back for literally 1/3 the price AM or any other parts distributer was selling them for so it was hard deal to pass up!

The hushpowers are much louder all around! Idle, cruise and wot. Not outrageous but louder. Kinda like when you changed from factory axlebacks to the Gt500's difference. But the same difference from gt500 to hushpower. These are much deeper at idle and can actually be heard from the cabin :) funny thing is I still want a little bit more, not getting pulled over type more just a little more. So I plan on resonator delete, I think that would be perfect!

Just an FYI there is a slight drone at 2000 rpms but not annoying, and I can't stand drone! Very happy with them

burke985

Established Member
I made this today ,This Is the hush powers without cats and no resonators , adding some race bullets tomorrow morning where the cats went and see if that helps with the rasp and slight drone ,I'm playing around with these and the svt sports and so far the sports sound meaner and the hush powers are more daily driver friendly, at low rpms with the hush powers I hardly notice I eliminated the cats and that's before the race bullets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYWRkK9tAWw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

5bites

Established Member
If you want DEEP, get the MACs. However, be warned....they drone. Now, I am not sure if they will drone with resonators in place or not. With my car, I had the X pipe (with cats) and no resonators and it was drone city. They were deep though, by far the deepest of all the mufflers I have tried.

2012 Mustang GT with MAC Axle Back, Pypes X-pipe, warm start and rev. - YouTube

I'll second that. They sound phenomenal. I ran them with cats and resonators and they did drone a little at 1800ish rpm's. the only reason I got rid of them was because I knew they'd be to much after I deleted cats and resonators. I do recommend them though.

Also the fit does kinda suck on them. You have to work to get them centered right. Typical of Mac from what I hear.

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
Do you guys know if these hushpowers, gt500's or what axle backs are turbo friendly or a straight thru design?? I know that magna flow is one of them..

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member
I have the american thunder catback and it is perfect, I tried a jegs cat delete and it was loud but changed the pitch of the exhaust which sounded like garbage at WOT. I think what ever kit you get, make sure you do cat back one it deletes the resonators and on my car I have no drone... and two the stock H-pipe is a bottle neck in my opinion. The Flowmaster american thunder cat back kit pipes look like sewer drain pipes and sound great to me. I tried the cat deletes not for the sound but the power and couldn't live with sound.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
[email protected]led my new tune file last night adn I swear my GT500's got quieter!
well looks like I may be trying the FRPP Sport exhaust faster than I initially thought!

lol my tune quieted mine down too!!

the only straight throughs i know are steeda and hushpower....do you know any others?

Users who are viewing this thread