Hydroseeding

robs400

Established Member
I was just quoted 400 dollars to have my lawn hydroseeded, the guy told me he could get 5500 sq. feet out of one truck. Has anyone had a lawn seeded this way? I am in the middle of prepping the lawn right now, just spread the loam and am trying to grade it over the next few days. After buying seed, fertilizer, and peat moss to cover it, plus the time to do it, the hydroseeding looks appealing, however I have already spent 900 bucks on loam. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to spend this money on a lawn instead of on my car or something fun.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I am very anal about how my yard and landscape look outside of my house, so I would do it. Not sure why but a nice looking yard and house is something to be proud of,just like the car man

robs400

Established Member
I agree, I definately want a nice yard. It is fall however tho so its not like I have a lot more time to enjoy it before winter sets in. If the lawn is going to be the same coming up next spring no matter which option I choose then i would rather do the cheaper one.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones HOWEVER buy something for your car are you crazy??

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I'd do it myself because I would worry what kind of seed they are using. They could tell you anything and how would you know. I Get my seed from a local Sod farm and it is top notch. HD and Lowes stuff is absolute crap in terms of what actually germinates.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I looked into it for my road bank going up to my house spot but the amount I had to do it was gonna be really expensive. We ended up just doing it by hand. Worked well we already have grass coming up good about two weeks later:banana:

robs400

Established Member
Just thought I'd update the thread to show some pics of how the hydroseeding came out. I am very happy with it and when all was said and done, the 400 bucks I feel was well worth it for how much it covered (5500 sq. ft.) I spent a good 2-2.5hrs every day for the first 2 weeks making sure it was watered but other than that I did not have to spread or rake up anything. This is a little over 2 weeks after being sprayed. Grass began to sprout exactly one week after it was sprayed.

DSCF2487.gif

DSCF2486.gif

Users who are viewing this thread