hypertech tune 2011 GT

2013Boss302

Established Member
hello there, i am new to the domestic tuning scene. i had a 2008 evolution x which was all tuned through the ecu via laptop. i had a couple of questions because im not familiar with it. i know that people rag on hypertech because you cant adjust the tune, but besides that i wanted to know if anyone here has used one on their old cars and what they thought of it. my car is the AEM and Bassani exhaust prototype car and Bassani was so happy with how their headers got good gains that they contacted their friends at hypertech. Hyoertech mailed me a max energy tuner with the 2011 pre loaded tune for my car. they didn't charge me a dime. they just asked that when i use it for a while that i please fill out a check list and send it back to them. i know people are always saying that SCT and Diablo are the best, but i got this for free. hypertech tested it on their car and it gained 20 hp at the wheels. please let me know what you guys think. thank you very much and please don't flame me for being newb

DIB5.0

Established Member
Man if its free test it out. The only way you will know if its worth it is getting your car dynoed before and after the tune. 20rwhp seems like a far fetch from tune only. Everyone claims this and that just to find out the #'s are lower. I would guess it will average as most of the SCT tunes do 10-15 rwhp. But for free i would give it shot and report back. Tell us how the throttle response and were the red line is set.

warlockgs

Established Member
Man if its free test it out. The only way you will know if its worth it is getting your car dynoed before and after the tune. 20rwhp seems like a far fetch from tune only. Everyone claims this and that just to find out the #'s are lower. I would guess it will average as most of the SCT tunes do 10-15 rwhp. But for free i would give it shot and report back. Tell us how the throttle response and were the red line is set.

20rwhp isn't that far-fetched. On a Mustang dyno, my car made 368rwhp stock, and the tune brought it to 395. No modifications at all, still with the paper filter from the factory.

I'm planning on getting a CAI and a tune from AED in the coming year, followed by some more interesting parts later on.

DIB5.0

Established Member
20rwhp isn't that far-fetched. On a Mustang dyno, my car made 368rwhp stock, and the tune brought it to 395. No modifications at all, still with the paper filter from the factory.

I'm planning on getting a CAI and a tune from AED in the coming year, followed by some more interesting parts later on.

You must have the best tuner in the world for #'s like that. Who tuned it? Did you go from 87 to 93?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
You must have the best tuner in the world for #'s like that. Who tuned it? Did you go from 87 to 93?

I can attest to his numbers. Hell, I test drove his car before he even bought it :) The dyno shop was called Horsepower Ranch. He tuned my 99' cobra and I was getting ready to have him tune my 11' GT as well.

2013Boss302

Established Member
i installed the hypertech tune today. and i must say i am very surprised with the results. after hearing all the negative stuff about hypertech i was kind of discouraged. but my car has so much more low end torque now its crazy. its to the point where it almost gave me butterflies in my stomach when i launched it. the throttle response is so much better as well. i am extremely happy with this tuner. i will be dynoing next tuesday and i will post the results, 2 of my friends told me they feel a major difference in the car.

DIB5.0

Established Member
I can attest to his numbers. Hell, I test drove his car before he even bought it :) The dyno shop was called Horsepower Ranch. He tuned my 99' cobra and I was getting ready to have him tune my 11' GT as well.

Wow. They need to share this info with other tuners. These #'s are what others are getting with tune/CAI.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
do you have any adjustability with the tuner? what about when you add mods?

I would really get the AF checked to make sure it is safe

Last edited:

warlockgs

Established Member

As Sur_Real1 mentioned, the tuner was Horsepower Ranch; arguably John Garner is one of the best tuners out there and has a real knack for getting to the true potential of the cars he tunes, while keeping the tune safe for daily use and extended beatings.

Sadly, he sold his dyno to The Mustang Shop; I'm told they will carry the excellence forward, but as with any tuning shop starting out I'm keeping my eye on them for a little while before I'll go in to see about my car getting tuned there.

I liken tuning to surgery; I don't want a freshly-trained person doing it on me or mine. For me, now, the geographically closest place I'll go for tunes would be AED. They've tuned a few cars for people I know, and the dyno sheets from their cars looked like the guy doing the tuning knows his stuff.

And that horsepower gain was from bone-stock, no-tune, to a 91octane tune. We have 92octane in WA, but I spend a lot of drive-time outside of the state, mostly Cali and NV. Keep in mind, I'd received the car with a full tank of 87octane(I assume), and every fill-up after that had been 92octane right up to the tuning day.

The AFR was nice and flat, running about 12.4 at WOT; I was considering asking him to drive it up a couple of points but since he's gone, I'm not sure if anyone can just download the tune he put on my SCT and adjust it as needed.

As adjustability on the tune goes, I don't get the typical options that one gets when running the canned tune, so I can't add the CAI without (again, I assume) a full re-tune by a new shop.

At any rate, back on topic; I'm looking forward to seeing the sheet! Good luck, and big numbers :)

zilla8

Established Member
Hey Mike glad the Hypertech tune is working out for ya

heck your car was already fast as a mofo lol it must really haul azz now:-D

2013Boss302

Established Member
the ecu did reset itself to stock. the dyno was exactly the same as it was last time i dynoed it. i talked to hypertech and they said it is still in a preliminary stage. so i went home and reloaded the tune and it was a crazy difference. it spun the tires all the way to 3rd gear a lot. i have been speaking with hypertech because they are wanting my feed back on issues. i will keep you informed.

Users who are viewing this thread