I am back with a couple of Q's of course

orangesvtbb

Established Member
Hey everyone! It has been quite a while since I have been on here. I used to have a competition orange 04 cobra but got rid of it...what at mistake. Now I finally snagged a 2012 Black GT500 with performance package. I know it isn't a '13 but I am glad the 13's came out so I could get such a deal on the poor 11's and 12's no one wants :).

Anyway as soon as I get a chance to wax the sucker I will post pics, but I did have some questions. I don't want to put anymore power to the ground until it is actually ON the ground (wheel spin like a mother). I was going to put some 295/35/20 Michelin super sports on the back. I don't really want to buy different rims or widen the wheel since it is my daily driver and don't have time to send them in. Am I really going to miss out by not going with a 305 or 315 tire is my question. Based on my research is seems it might not be a good idea to stuff a 315 on my 10 inch wheel since it will bulge.

Also could someone fill me in on upper and lower control arms for the rear. I am quite suspension retarded and I just want to plant this sucker to the ground. Any suggestions would be most helpful or you can point me to the right thread without flames please :)

One more Q for the road. Is it the spring rate or the shocks that make the ride so bumpy on the SVTPP? I wish they were adjustable so my daily commute I didn't look like I am bobbing my head to music while I am instead just bouncing over all the bumps lol. Any suggestions on that would be great too.

Thanks guys. It feels good to be back

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Grats and welcome back.

I run a 315 x 35 x 20 on my back rim without issues, but I do run a slightly wider rim. I also have a set of steeda's LCA out back. They help a ton with the wheel hop issue, if you have some. I am not stock anymore, so it truly helped me. The spring rate I do not know off hand.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
im running 305 mt drag radials with all bmr suspension and i get good traction. going to take it to the track for the first time this weekend. give van a call at revan racing like many will say hes the best and will set you straight.

Users who are viewing this thread