I am Dumbfounded!

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
So the other day my dad calls be right before my lunch break and tells me i got a package from staples.... stapels? i didnt order anything from them..... he says hang on... then he says "no no its not from staples they just used a staples box, its from Juan Domingo, from california".... im thinking who the hell is that? so im running through my mind if i ordered anything awhile ago and never got it and couldnt come up with anything. so i go home during my lunch break fearing if my dad opens the box it will be a bomb or something and as soon as i see the box i notice the return address is Primedia... the magazine company.... YESSSSSSS the pictures i sent in for the Popular hot rodding magazine photo contest made it in the mag!!!! but wait, thats not all!!!! not only did i get in the magazine, i won Runner up!!! i was pulling all my goodies out of the box like it was christmas morning! it totally made my day! check it out!

the unassuming box
IMG_2971.jpg

my goodies! its a engine masters fleece blanket, a kennie bell shirt, a air ride technology shirt, a PHR photo contest finalist shirt, some hot wheels supra, a few PHR stickers and license plates, and a cover sheet congratulating me!
IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2969.jpg

on the sheet it there is a hand written note from the editor saying it is her fav picture of the bunch
IMG_2968.jpg

they also gave me a few copies of the magazine, here is the cover
IMG_2970.jpg

and here is my article
contestrunnerup.jpg

the picture that won deserved it 100% so im not salty about not getting first whatsoever. in my opinion the other picture that won runner up didnt deserve it at all though.... i mean the mustangs are nice, but even his article states that all his pictures were junk and he just got lucky with one... but either way, i was so happy and i was bouncing off the walls when i found out!

here is a higher res version of my pic, in case you never saw it before.
decentvette.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread