I am jealous of this dude...and so are all of you!

xenodragon

Established Member
Shaw said he needed a few days to decide whether he will keep his minimum-wage job at the store where he has worked for just three weeks.

this makes me laugh for some reason.

He also said, when asked what he was going to do with the money, "Pay back someone that loaned him $1,000 for his truck." Thats some huge aspirations right there

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Never understood the lottery....

How about instead of one person getting $250 million, 250 people get 1 MILLON DOLLARS!! I think that'd make way more of an impact than one person winning more than they can handle. I can't imagine how many pointless, bullshit things people have bought from the lottery while people are killing for $$. Is this not a logical statement?

^ Logical, which is why it will never happen...

That's not logical at all. The incentive to play the lottery is higher when the payout is 250, hence more people play and the lottery rakes in enough money to be able to pay out that much. The incentive to play when the payout is only 1 million is much lower and they wouldn't have enough money to pay the prizes :idea:

Besides, the lottery is just a tax on poor people.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
IF I won that much money Id stay out of the media as much as possible and tell only my immediate family and friends. People always come out of the woodworks saying "oh hey im your long lost cousin joe" and shit like that. Id make a few smart investments to start out with, ones that would actually be able to gennerate more income, maybe even hire an accountant to help me manage it at a safe level so I wouldnt go crazy with it and blow it all.

2003 Silver

Banned
I wish that just for once a normal person would win the lottery. It seems like every time someone wins the lottery, they're either white trash, 120 years old, or half retarded (although, I guess that's the same as white trash :-D)

I bet he's gonna buy him some uh dem there nascars buddy! Aw shit! Gonna have Dale Jr. over for a hoedown and spend the rest on Pabst Blue Ribbon and cheap hookers! Woo Doggy! :bored:

....that's because most normal people see the lottery for what it is....1 to gazillion odds and feel their money is better off in their pockets than by-weekly pissing in the wind rainbows filled with shiat pie in the sky wishes.

99lightning_svt

Established Member
Thats a lot of money, but i would have to pay off some debts of family and friends and build them a house then start a business, probably an asphalt plant!

Hopefully that guy will hire someone trustworthy to help him manage his money!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's always nice to hear about something nice happening to a person who has little or nothing. Unfortunately unless he gets a good money manager his future won't be as bright as you might expect. Sometimes living a simple life is the best course of life in the long run. JMO.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Good for him. Honestly, the first headline I saw about this was something along the lines of "Powerball winner wants to fix teeth." He def will be able to afford to do whatever he wants.

quad

Established Member
If he keeps his clerk job it won't be long before someone hijacks him for ransom.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
I think a lot of you are forgetting that he is never going to see all that. He will be taxed out the ass for all that money and he moves up into an entirely new tax bracket that will take even more out of him.

I cannot remember the math but if i was to win 1 million dollars, after it was all said and done i would be lucky to have 200,000-250,000 take home.

boduke0220

Established Member
I'd use 100k of it a year, that should last me till i die. With the Rest I'd Build a 4 car garage with a lift and wash pit, pay off my parents debts and buy a Vette, Camaro and Stang and mod them a little.

Users who are viewing this thread