I am TDY at MacDill AFB in Tampa for a couple weeks.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Well, I am currently in Tampa at MacDill AFB (TDY). I arrived here today on a C-130. I have never been here before, let me in on where all fun places are and what there is to do. I like to go out and get hammered on the weekends, other than that, I am down to go out and just have fun after a full day of work. :beer:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
plenty of fun to be had around here...Bradenton Test and tune on Thursdays 6-11pm

Ybor is a good time but way crowded and nothing good happens there after midnight lol, Where are you staying? Hyde park is close if want to go out and get some food and get hammered.

some good fishing near macdill as well. (wading for redfish and snook)

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
plenty of fun to be had around here...Bradenton Test and tune on Thursdays 6-11pm

Ybor is a good time but way crowded and nothing good happens there after midnight lol, Where are you staying? Hyde park is close if want to go out and get some food and get hammered.

I was briefed and some of the people here have told me pretty much what I had asked. What you mentioned really sounds familiar. I am staying here on base. I will definitely make my way out and have some fun while I'm here. Seems like you are close by, on the map you are just across the water!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I was briefed and some of the people here have told me pretty much what I had asked. What you mentioned really sounds familiar. I am staying here on base. I will definitely make my way out and have some fun while I'm here. Seems like you are close by, on the map you are just across the water!

and i work on macdill lol (centcom)

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Hey man, i'll be down there soon with my Cobra, for good. I'm moving to Tampa on Friday.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
you bring that KB cobra on the C-130? haha.

haha negative, it was a damn uncomfortable ride...as usual.

Then we landed and we ran out the back and they threw out stuff out...literally. While we were helping the load masters I was standing behind the aircraft with a few others and the heat from the exhaust was fuggin HOT. Holy crap, imagine like 5000* gusts of heat behind blown into you. It was so hot I could barely handle it! I had to turn half way around...and I was way behind the aircraft. We have F15 Fighters on our base and that exhaust can't be felt past 200ft.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
haha negative, it was a damn uncomfortable ride...as usual.

Then we landed and we ran out the back and they threw out stuff out...literally. While we were helping the load masters I was standing behind the aircraft with a few others and the heat from the exhaust was fuggin HOT. Holy crap, imagine like 5000* gusts of heat behind blown into you. It was so hot I could barely handle it! I had to turn half way around...and I was way behind the aircraft. We have F15 Fighters on our base and that exhaust can't be felt past 200ft.

damn, thats nuts. think you can hook me up with a ride in an F-15 when I get down there? lol

JasonSnake

Established Member
Well, I am currently in Tampa at MacDill AFB (TDY). I arrived here today on a C-130. I have never been here before, let me in on where all fun places are and what there is to do. I like to go out and get hammered on the weekends, other than that, I am down to go out and just have fun after a full day of work. :beer:

Cool! I just moved back to Tampa last week and just staying with my mom right there by the MacDill gate for a few months until I'm back on my feet with a job. I stay at one of the nearby apt's.

I was looking to roommating with someone in a few months at Apollo Beach and I see you live in Gib. How do you like Apollo area?

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Cool! I just moved back to Tampa last week and just staying with my mom right there by the MacDill gate for a few months until I'm back on my feet with a job. I stay at one of the nearby apt's.

I was looking to roommating with someone in a few months at Apollo Beach and I see you live in Gib. How do you like Apollo area?

Dude, I might have seen you yesterday. They had a CLEAN white 96-98 Cobra cruising down the hwy by the gate and it was lowered. Looked awesome, not sure if it was you or not.

Last edited:

JasonSnake

Established Member
Dude, I might have seen you yesterday. They had a CLEAN white 96-98 Cobra cruising down the hwy by the gate and it was lowered. Looked awesome, not sure if it was you or not.

Hehhee, I hope it was mine! I was on the crosstown expressway right around 3:15'ish in the afternoon going to Brandon, job hunting. I haven't seen any other sn95 Cobras in this area yet. Closest thing I've seen was a new edge GT 'vert, white with tan top, lowered with Cobra wheels. Sweet 'vert. He had a sticker on his quarter window but I couldn't make out what it said in traffic.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

I like it there, some decent food, it's away from downtown, faily quiet... it's exactly half way between work and BMP lol

speaking of BMP, to Thursday T&T this week...Friday however is club 1320, Grudge Racing and Bike night. Should be tons of sluts out lol and hopefully some fast cars lol

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Apollo Beach and Gib Town are two totally different areas. They border each other but Apollo Beach is much nicer. Apollo Beach is a straight shot up 41 to downtown. You are 20 minutes to Ybor City.

South of Apollo Beach is developing as well.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Apollo Beach and Gib Town are two totally different areas. They border each other but Apollo Beach is much nicer. Apollo Beach is a straight shot up 41 to downtown. You are 20 minutes to Ybor City.

South of Apollo Beach is developing as well.

don't forget about the carnies in Gib town lol

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Hehhee, I hope it was mine! I was on the crosstown expressway right around 3:15'ish in the afternoon going to Brandon, job hunting. I haven't seen any other sn95 Cobras in this area yet. Closest thing I've seen was a new edge GT 'vert, white with tan top, lowered with Cobra wheels. Sweet 'vert. He had a sticker on his quarter window but I couldn't make out what it said in traffic.

Not sure who's GT500 here on base is but it is BADASS looking. Its just a clean Black GT500 with the stripe delete lowered on stock chrome wheels. I spotted it yesterday infront of Military Clothing issue. I did notice that it had the Ford Racing exhaust (4" rolled tips). I just stared.
They have a Zinc Yellow terminator at a used car lot parked next to a red C5 Z06, pretty badass. Other than that, I haven't seen too many other cars other than bentleys, benz, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread