I became a meat crayon

LS WUT

Established Member
Not the best news. But at least your moving in a direction.

How is your work handling this news? Are you set there?
Work kinda gave me a side eye when I told them to not expect me until around thanksgiving or possibly later. So at this point I don’t think I’ll be going back to that job. I’d love to have a remote job or something in the mean time.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Work kinda gave me a side eye when I told them to not expect me until around thanksgiving or possibly later. So at this point I don’t think I’ll be going back to that job. I’d love to have a remote job or something in the mean time.
I'm sure with the job you had you're very disposable, and your best bet is getting away from that scummy corporation. Ask me how I know. :ROFLMAO:

LS WUT

Established Member
I did my PT today. You learn a lot about your limits. Guy was awesome and a pleasure to deal with. He gave me my homework as far as exercises. Possibly have a blood clot due to my left foot being purple at times. I have to break my habit of putting my right foot under my left knee when sitting down to prop it up. I can’t have anything under my knee. I’m 6 degrees off of where he wants me to be to flatten my knee so I can have the surgery. So I’ve got my work cut out for me these next comings weeks.

Attachments

• 71520619478__779A5362-DDA0-4F28-A7F2-4FC5FF353F7E.jpeg
    71520619478__779A5362-DDA0-4F28-A7F2-4FC5FF353F7E.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 44

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Interesting about the blood clot. I got 3 of them in the hospital last year. It was from not being able get up for over 2.5 weeks. Nurses kept telling me not to cross my legs in the bed. Hurt like a SOB when they scanned for them. Atrophy was interesting.

LS WUT

Established Member
Interesting about the blood clot. I got 3 of them in the hospital last year. It was from not being able get up for over 2.5 weeks. Nurses kept telling me not to cross my legs in the bed. Hurt like a SOB when they scanned for them. Atrophy was interesting.
Glad they caught them though, I heard they’re bad news if you don’t catch them. I’m looking into a vascular person to take a look for them.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Glad they caught them though, I heard they’re bad news if you don’t catch them. I’m looking into a vascular person to take a look for them.
You just need a simple Doppler test. Don’t wait on that you should be get it done tomorrow.
Glad you got the brace and PT started.
Hang in there buddy.
-J

LS WUT

Established Member
You just need a simple Doppler test. Don’t wait on that you should be get it done tomorrow.
Glad you got the brace and PT started.
Hang in there buddy.
-J
I don’t have a primary care physician. My insurance says that have to have a primary order me to get one done. Truth to this? Thanks buddy, I appreciate all your help!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t have a primary care physician. My insurance says that have to have a primary order me to get one done. Truth to this? Thanks buddy, I appreciate all your help!
No your surgeon or treating physician (who ordered PT) can order it.
And definitely get a PCP. A yearly wellness check should be free and gives you an established provider for things like this test.
-J

LS WUT

Established Member
No your surgeon or treating physician (who ordered PT) can order it.
And definitely get a PCP. A yearly wellness check should be free and gives you an established provider for things like this test.
-J
Awesome, thanks again James! I’ll give them a call tomorrow and see what I can get done ASAP.

LS WUT

Established Member
Sorry for the lack of updates guys. Honestly been battling my own demons with this process. Haven’t had good news to report until today. My results came back blood clot free. So that’s such a relief, that would have postponed my surgery for another 6 months.

Im doing great with my exercises, and gathering the strength and mobility in my leg/knee as instructed. I’ve got 6 degrees until he will check me off for surgery. Cranking out the exercises 3 times a day. So much easier now for me that I'm back in bed.

For those of you who don’t know me all too well, my family had been staying in my home to help them save money to buy a house. Well since I couldn’t go to my apartment since it was on the 3rd floor, and no elevator. I was back at my house for the time being. After 2 years I told them it was time, I gave them quite a bit of notice to find a house. They did so i’m no longer camped in my recliner while trying to recover. Im back in my room which makes life easy in many ways. Having my own bathroom right in my room makes a world of difference.

Last but not least, for nearly 2 months I haven’t been able to lay with my Ol Girl Poochzilla. This dog is the highlight of my day, and I mean that. Feels great to have her lay next to me. Although her hips are not the best I had to lift her up to lay with me. I chuckled and said come on up pooch, we can be broken leg buddies for life.
71583331776__9A623740-300F-4DF1-BAE4-E6B408760B57.jpeg

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Keep the ol head up. As i end up telling most of my patients at some point or another, this is a temporary blip on the radar. While it sucks right now, it’ll be over with before you know it and life will be normal again.

The dog will surely help!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Glad to see you are seeing a new Dr with far more interest in your injuries than the last one. I know from personal experiences that the right Dr(s) make a huge difference

While she may not have given you the news you would have liked to have heard, Sounds like she had given you the news that will give you the chance at the best, hopefully, full recovery. Congrats on the new Dr

LS WUT

Established Member
Hey guys, got a little bit of an update for you all. Sorry for my lack of updating this thing, been a mental game since. After the loops my primary was having me jump thru, it ranged from blood clots, to liver disease. I got all of that handled rather well I think. Changed my diet around to help me not feel like shit all the time.

As for todays up, I finally got my official surgery date. It will be October 2nd. I’m a bit upset I’ll miss FL2k this year, however we will see how I feel. I might still go out there. **** it. Thanks for everyone’s support, couldn’t have done it without you guys. Cheers to the road to recovery after this! The waiting game is finally up.

LS WUT

Established Member
Another update for you fine gentlemen. I have been instructed to be walking around, and such without the brace, and crutches. So I’ve been moving around for the last 3 weeks or so without. I still kinda walk like the hunchback of Notre Dame. However it’s progress.

So I figured full send, I’ll mow my yard and take some forward actions to it. As I’m blowing off my driveway, I looked at the garage, and uncovered my white coupe and my black coupe.

I can officially say I have made it this far and haven’t had to sell anything of my collection, and that makes me extremely happy. Figured I’d share a photo of my babies, sorry for them being dirty. I can’t quite wash them just yet, after my surgery I’m hoping I’ll be able to get them all cleaned up again.

@03cobra#694 yes I know my driveway is cracked, snd I might have some weeds. Hahaha. I’ve talked to the owner in regards to fixing that.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart everyone’s who’s reached out to me and kept my head on straight during these times. As stated from many above it’s not the pain of it all, it’s mostly the mental game.

Attachments

• IMG_1244.jpeg
    IMG_1244.jpeg
    527.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1243.jpeg
    IMG_1243.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1242.jpeg
    IMG_1242.jpeg
    491 KB · Views: 66

LS WUT

Established Member
Dave @03Sssnake has that same issue. lol
Any idea when you can go back to work, and have you found a new job yet?
I’m shooting for mid November. That’s what I’d like to happen at least. If not December first week. They’ve been rather nice about the whole thing, so I might stick it out with them. It’s all circumstantial at this point.

Got 2 more months of my $2,200 apartment then I’m free from that money pit.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I’m shooting for mid November. That’s what I’d like to happen at least. If not December first week. They’ve been rather nice about the whole thing, so I might stick it out with them. It’s all circumstantial at this point.

Got 2 more months of my $2,200 apartment then I’m free from that money pit.
Back to Publix?

Users who are viewing this thread