I bought a new car

APMotorsports

Established Member
Well, I've been wanting an '03-04 Cobra...so I bought a foxbody with a cobra swap, which I'm swapping into my car this winter. I have a few questions tho...

1. Which K-member should I buy to install the swap?

2. Which LONG tube header works best for an '03-04 swap into a sn95:
a. American racing
b. Kooks
c. Stainless works
I want the best header and if all work great, I'll pick the one I can get the best deal on, oh, BTW I need a header with a socket fitting-I hate slip fit...

I'll try to get a video or at least pics up of the foxbody soon...

Thanks for all your feedback...BTW I may still sell my car and just keep this foxbody like it is if someone wants to make a soild offer on my BAB

96dreamer

Established Member
any kmember for a 4.6 engine and any long tube header for a cobra will fit. The 03 heads have a different exhaust port shape so really all you have to do is get 03/04 headers.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Kooks hands down. and no it's not because I own them. I actually called the shop and they explained to me alot about ARH and Kooks. ARH is basically a Kooks design. I guess they fired some employee's from Kooks so they went out and started ARH off of kooks design. Then I called ARH and I had bad customer service. I can't comments on SSW but me personally I would go with Kooks. Also I don't think that ARH has a header that fits our car. Something about the steering shaft iirc.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Being that they were both kooks was, 15 minutes away from my house. Id go with American racing. They are the same people who worked for kooks they left and started American racing.

Last edited:

Stephen4036

Established Member
any kmember for a 4.6 engine and any long tube header for a cobra will fit. The 03 heads have a different exhaust port shape so really all you have to do is get 03/04 headers.

are you sure 04 have different exhaust ports, I thought any 96-04 4v headers work...

Users who are viewing this thread