I can almost....

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
justify paying someone to install my spark plugs.

Just finished with the passenger side. that was a b!tch. the last (farthest back) plug was HORRIBLE. I ended up not using any extensions or universal joints. all i did was put the socket on to a 3" extension and slide that in the hole. attach that to the plug and start to twist. i was laying in the engine bay the entire time. it would have made for some really good video.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
HAHA the drivers side is much much much worse!

a 3/8" x 14" piece of fuel hose is your best friend.. use it to get the plugs out once you break them loose... also use it to get them started, then snug them down with the rachet... it works!!!!

its an old Chevy trick!

BoogBlue03

400/500 club 5ive.4our
Established Member
bda1855 said:

a 3/8" x 14" piece of fuel hose is your best friend.. use it to get the plugs out once you break them loose... also use it to get them started, then snug them down with the rachet... it works!!!!

its an old Chevy trick!

We always called that the "junkyard trick" and it does work!

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
i cant get the coil pack on the drivers side rear out. i got everything else without a problem and this stupid coil just isnt comming out.

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
did you take the little screw out? if so just pull straight up...have fun getting to that one...make sur eyou wear some gloves...i tore my hands up doing it the first time...

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
1/4 ext 3inch
shallow 7mm 1/4 socket...

put together,,drop it on the CP bolt....then reach in and put the wratchet on top adn take it out..

the ext/socket will go between the feed and return lines on the fuel rail...

then pull the CP up and twist it so that the ear of the CP will allow it to slide out from under the fuel rails...

Iwth MP coil Screws it take me bout 35 minutes to change plugs...without them I was doing it in 45 minutes..but I got lots of practice...lol

Last edited:

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
i have the bolt out of that CP, it doesnt want to get pulled up. I am used to bloodstained work areas. i just hate when i cant get something so easy, it is stairing me in the face and i cant get my hands through the tangle of wires to get to the CP. that is what i think the worst part of it is.

bgstew6

Established Member
If I can get them out with my big Monkey Mitts....then you can....lol

BoogBlue03

400/500 club 5ive.4our
Established Member
evan.jpg

:D

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
lol, got it done. that last CP was vacuumed on to the last plug. if it werent for the last CP i would have been done in just under 2 hours. idles a lot smoother now too.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
bda1855 said:

its an old Chevy trick!

:thumbsup:

I use the ol' rubber hose trick too, especially on the L. Anything that I can thread a plug in with my hand I don't use it.

bgstew6

Established Member
wont argue that at all...doesnt matter if you can do them fast, avg or slow...

THEY SUCK

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
ive changed my plugs more times than i want to remember, and i dont think i have ever come out saying "yea, that was easy." sucks every time. i think from a dealership they charge like 300 bucks or something outrageous.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
My friend helped me (actually he did it for me...) he owns an L and has done it a few times, anyway he said he did it in 45mins or so. when he did mine it took a few hours... Not talkin shit here... just that yeah it sucks... a lot...

bgstew6

Established Member
oh it can be done....

timed myself the other day...depends on trucks...and mods....

I have MADenterprise CP screws, plugs were already gapped and antiseize already applied. 30 minutes 17 secs.

witouth all the preprep...typically 1hr to hr 15 minutes....first time I did them was right at 2 hours.

Now on my wifes eddie bauer expy with rear heat/ac......the last two plugs on passendger side suck due to the extra heating hoses that t off from the front heater core inlet/outlet..not to to mention the fuel rails being alittle tighter on the cps...sheesh over 3 hours!! and that is busting ass.

THEY JUST SUCK NO MATTER HOW FAST YOU DO THEM>>>>PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Last edited:

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Holy cow man we believe ya! :) 30mins 17sec? That has got to be some sort of record...

Really though you counted the seconds?? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread