I cannot for my life get the LFP heat exchanger to fit...

Frankiebonez

Established Member
I got hte LFP heat exchanger, the one that is supposed to bolt right in (single pass) and I cannot to save my life get the lines to reach. Has anyone else had this problem? I was under the impretion this is a plug and play ordeal, and I definetly need a piece of coolant hose, which wouldnt be a problem but its friggin 20* outside and 1AM and coolant hose is not an option. I REALLY wanted to finish this tonite..................

anyone else have this problem?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I bought mine new, and it came with longer hoses?
The only thing I think I did wrong on mine was not bend the flanges far enough...I have too much play in mine

Frankiebonez

Established Member
Its not the fit, and it was the single pass. The single pass is supposed to fit right in, hence why I bought that one I wanted something plug and play. Apparently, its not, cause once I bought a new coolant hose it fit no problem at all.

racebronco2

Established Member
I had no problem with the lfp h/e. I found out if you just pull on the hoses they are not long enough but if you pull on the hoses as you slide the support bracket towards the passenger side of the car they will fit no problem. I didn't know any of them came with hoses.

Frankiebonez

Established Member
the bracket on the passenger side behind the bumper? it has a stud in it? I tried for like 45 minutes to move that bracket, I think it might have just been rusted together cause the car is a bit older.

1985mustanggt50

Established Member
LFP dual pass is a bolt on also.. took me under an hour even with purging and refilling it. mine came with the hoses to make it work.

IMG_1567.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread