I did it!

AMP GT500

Established Member
After about a year of weighing the pros and cons on model years (11 - 14), used vs. new, searching dealerships, lurking on several forums and paying off a home equity loan, I finally pulled the trigger on a Black 2014 GT500 with PP, Recaros, and Shaker Pro. Wish I would have got the track pack, but I paid $2k under MSRP, which I felt was a very fair deal and have no intent on tracking it (yet).

I had been a big motorcycle guy, owning and customizing many Harleys over the past 20+ years, but wanted to move to something I could enjoy with the wife and kids. My kids absolutely love it, they constantly ask me to pick them up from school.

This is my first muscle\pony car, but I can tell immediately that this car is extremely special, it brings a smile to my face as soon as I turn the key! This car is a keeper!

The rumble of the exhaust and the response from the engine when you tap the pedal is intoxicating! I must look like a totally psycho, because I drive around with a stupid grin on my face.

Again, this is my first muscle car, so I will have many questions, please be patient with my ignorance!

Once I figure out how to post photos, I will do so.
Thanks
Mat

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase and welcome aboard. Like others have said, we need pictures!

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Congrats & good luck with the new ride, great choice for your 1st muscle car. Once you get used to the stock hp, there is lots of info on this site to improve what Ford sold you.
Looking forward to the pics..

USV8PWR

Established Member
Congrats on the new car!

If it's also your first car with any significant power, I suggest driving over to a big empty parking lot and practice what to do if the car begins to slide on you under power.

AMP GT500

Established Member
Congrats and enjoy the new ride. Is daddy's new ride a daily driver?

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I greatly appreciate it!

Unfortunately, this will not be my daily driver .... I commute daily from PA to New Jersey for work so I drive a more economical ..... hybrid. I am hoping that the GT500 will help me regain some of my manhood during the weekends. hahahaha :coolman:

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

Unfortunately, this will not be my daily driver .... I commute daily from PA to New Jersey for work so I drive a more economical ..... hybrid. I am hoping that the GT500 will help me regain some of my manhood during the weekends. hahahaha :coolman:

You certainly picked a manly car, just remember the skinny pedal will be much much different from the gaybrid to the manbeast....:lol1:

Bllit11

Established Member
congrats on the new ride. I've been smiling since july of 2012 seems like the smile get bigger the more miles you put on it.

mikejaeggi

Established Member

you need to post a shot of your hybrid and shelby together, that would be funny.

AMP GT500

Established Member
Congrats! Where are you in PA?

Chris, I live right above Quakertown, about 20 -25 miles up rt 309 from North Wales.

Do you have any Dealers or independent shops that you trust and can recommend? I ran into Evolution Performance in Aston PA after one of my sons hockey games. It looked pretty legit, 3 newer GT 500's and a bunch of custom GT's sitting out front of their shop. It's a bit far for me though.

Thanks
Mat

Users who are viewing this thread