I didn't even get kissed, much less blown!!

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I'm sure all know about Boca Ron's so called promise to give the JLP power flow plenum. If not you can read about it here:
Original Thread

This whole deal started on NLOC after one of Rons "buddies" Roll Barred posted it for sale and I offered to buy as soon as I was quoted shipping charges. Well long story short the guy backed out after leading me and another member to believe it was sold to us-not cool!!

I said my peace and let it go. Boca Ron OFFERED to give the plenum to me as you can see and I even offered to pay him for it. Once again after over SIX WEEKS of waiting and many excuses-nothing.

I want it made clear that at this point I don't care if I get a JLP plenum or not. The way I see it is that I have been lied to. If you make the offer then do it and Boca Ron has done NOTHING. I have been more than patient (which is almost impossible for me to begin with) hoping that you really would do what you said you would Ron but you offer nothing but empty promises. Maybe you still really were going to let me have it, only YOU know so if I screwed myself out of it then so be it.

The way I see it you have two recourses, tell me how much you want to ship it to me or just tell me to forget it and be done. I'm betting on the latter. Is an unfulfilled gesture or promise any different than a lie?

What say you?

Fade out.

jerseybolt

JLP BUILT
Established Member
If I had one to give to u I would man. You are always on these boards helping people and following along with there progress. Empty promises suck . Wish you all the luck with your new B!TCHa.

bransharksfan

2006 ST Class AutoX CHAMP
Established Member
The thread in the sales sect on this board he had one up for sale anlong with a stocker that was port and poilshed. We e-mailed back and forth about the differences. I told him that I wanted the JLP as well. PM box was full so could not do anything on the SVTP site. Eventually LL clocked the thread and thats the last I have heard about it till this!

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Nothing against anybody, but this is why I dont buy used, or take given parts. Its not worth the stress. Jerseybolt was right Fade, your a pillar of info and a great help to many on this and other forums. I hope everything works out.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Fade~

I was promised the plenum as well...several weeks ago! BS!

Quoted directly from an e-mail from Ron~

"Martin im in the middle of a built motor and engine swap right now have had problems with the block and machining when I get this motor built and in ill ship it hang tite its not going anywhere im realllllllly busy buddy check this I take a good seasoned block to machine shop that has 4 5.4 motors going on b4 mine so plan originally was to build a budget motor for a vb club member thubigdawg plan h beam rods stock pistons rings bearings bolts etc. block looked honeable and good candidate for this machine shop calls hey ron this block needs .020 over one of the cylinders was damaged on disassembley nono I disassembled it but ok go ahead so I go out of pocket to honor my quote and buy manley pistons .020 and now another set of rings deliver the parts then on day of supposed pickup guy calls and says uhh ron cant bore this block why I say well cuz its .020 already impossible this had stock pistons come out 1 week ago now im pissed so I go down and look that’s not the block I delivered sob mixed it up or sumpin any way I now have to sleeve that cylinder or beat down this ****er and get satisfaction from that I just need this s/b so my frame of mind has been off to say the least the past week ill get that to ya martin if you still want it when im ready ill get it to you yhen"

Another e-mail from Ron~

"Hey martin, yep luck give me address again please why the big rush by everbody damn slow down if I tell you its yours its yours youe now see why I gve shit away damn"

Just a few PM's from Ron~

Dayum! I already deleted those....sorry! You'll get the point though!

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Not trying to get into the middle of anything here but there is a chance he has 2. He had 2 of the REM CF intakes, 2 or more motors. From what I've heard him and a friend or 2 constantly swap stuff out, but I'm not one to really say if only one existed.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
I don't know much about Bocaron but dosn't it seem weird to just give away good parts. Unless he has a shit load of cash or something. I mean I make good money but not enough to just give away a 600 plenum. Giving a good deal is one thing. He never wants to ship anything. I dont care how busy you are 30 min to cruise to a ups store have them box it up and ship it. BTW Fade you are the man!!!!!!

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Boca is no longer a member here. This is total bullshit!

First he burns Bob and Martin who are very helpful members here and friends of mine. Then he posted a thread with lots of parts in it and then shined everybody's posts. And I know he was on here so I closed it.
I'm going to go with my instincts here.
Something isn't right with that dude. :poke:

I'D WIN

Established Member
Thank you LL...it is total bullshit! He (Ron Barfield aka Boca Ron) is such a bold-faced liar and it pisses me off! If I would have known it was promised to Fade, I would have never pursued it...NOT knowing, I did and even though I was promised it, I too have received nothing but a bunch of BS PM's and e-mails from him with excuses.

I did receive a few warnings about Boca from other members who have yet to post here which just confirmed my suspicions about him.

Fade...sorry for the mess but I am glad you finally came out of the closet on this guy because I was so close to doing the same thing as well!

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Your call LL, not my intention but I can't stand the appearance of being lied to. I know from other sources that he has burned several others on here regarding his "promises of gifts".

I'D WIN, I was wondering why you bumped that thread earlier, now I know. It's nice to find out someones true colors before any real damage can be done. Thanks to all who replied with support. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Fade 2 Black said:
Your call LL, not my intention but I can't stand the appearance of being lied to. I know from other sources that he has burned several others on here regarding his "promises of gifts".

I'D WIN, I was wondering why you bumped that thread earlier, now I know. It's nice to find out someones true colors before any real damage can be done. Thanks to all who replied with support. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I've had a bad feeling about Ron for a while. This was just the icing on the cake Bob. We have a pretty cool Lightning Brotherhood here and I don't want to see anyone get burned, lied to or scammed.

It's hard enough for people to trust each other over the net without bullshit like this.

L.L. :beer: :beer:

FordFanStan

Established Member
I always thought that it was weird he gave parts away too, or wait I mean offered parts to give away too. Hmm never dealt with him myself.. Stan

Wasnt the only reason why Ron came over to this board because he just got banned from NLOC?

I know BruceWRS said he helped him alot though??

FordFanStan

Established Member
I'D WIN said:
Fade...I am glad you finally came out of the closet!

We're still talking automotive talk here right? hehe :poke: Just trying to joke with ya guys and cheer you up some, that sucks for both of you... Stan

Last edited:

Robb327

HP Junkie
Established Member
I saw that coming,i tried to give some heads up but its over now. Hey LL i will just let you know he will come back on with a diffrent name.

Last edited:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Robb327 said:
I saw that coming,i tried to give some heads up but its over now. Hey LL i will just let you know he will come back on with a diffrent name.

Thats fo sho!!!! I mean for sure..

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I'm not mad at all Stan. I just can't stand a lack of integrity no matter who it is. If you say you'll do something then DO IT!!

Brucewrs has the best inside info on Ron but whether he speaks up is his call. It's done no matter what thanks to LL.

LZRRED01

Sooo Long Iraq... For now
Established Member
A guy has two things, and two things only in this world. He has his word, and his balls. Those are the two things that only he himself can control. Obviously this guy can't and doesn't. It kinda makes doing business these days, almost like gambling. Heck, what can ya do... :mj:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread