I Don't Even Know Where My Spark Plugs Are! Can Someone Show Me?

ITSTOCK

Established Member
:confused:

Well, if you look on top of the heads, there are two bolts holding a little cover that says 32 valve DOHC or something, don't remember exactly. Take them off, and you will see where the spark plugs are. However, if you don't have a gapping tool, than don't attempt it.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
Are you serious?...If you are,I suppose we all have to start somewhere..I would find it hard to imagine you doing anything to the car requiring a plug change(pully swap,nitrous)..If you haven't ever messed around under the hood of a car,a Cobra's probably not the best one to learn on...Pick up a Haynes manual from the local parts store & start reading..Find a local Mustang club & meet with fellow enthusiasts in person.It's better to have some 'back up' when doing something technical for the first time.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
not to mention stripping the threads in the heads, be very careful with the aluminum. better get some help

Frederick Brown

Established Member
Also, if in fact you are that unfamilier under the hood, be dam careful putting them back in. remember the plug holes are only 3 THREADS deep they will strip out very easily. Not to criticise. I would advise you not to try. Fred

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
I am not a troll. Look at my post count. Also, I DO own a Cobra, and I just finished putting a KN FIPK on. I am just asking for help on where the spark plugs are and what a gapping tool is. There is no reason to accuse me of being a troll.

BenD

Established Member
I guess you're serious

When most of us see a post such as yours, particularly on this site, it's only natural to assume that somebody is kidding.

And if your not, you definitely do not want to screw around with the spark plugs, especially on this Cobra. It's somewhat of a risky venture even for experienced people.

There are only 4 threads tapped into these heads for the plugs and another thing if your extension happens to come off the socket it's not the easiest thing to get it out.

A word to the wise is sufficient.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
wow......you better not touch your car. Watch someone else do it and LEARN! these are not cars for first time do-it-yourselfers.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Pay some one.....don't do it yourself.....especially if you don't know what a gapping tool is!

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
I live in San Diego , Southern California. Where should I go to get this done? I'm willing to drive very far as long as it gets done right.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by ArcaneParadise
I live in San Diego , Southern California. Where should I go to get this done? I'm willing to drive very far as long as it gets done right.

Go to your local SVT dealer and get it done. If you can't do it yourself this is the best place to have work done. That way if something gets screwed up they will probably warranty, or fix it. If Joe's garage does it, well :shrug:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just take your plugs to them and they will do it...WTF is Brisk. Go with a set of NGK TR6, or Denso Iridium plugs. They will install them, and just charge you labor.

Users who are viewing this thread