I don't know if it's been discussed before but how do you big guys

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
fit in those recarro seats?

My dad is looking at the gt350's and when I sat in the drivers seat I was up off of it on the bolsters.

My dad is 5'10 about 200 pounds and he was uncomfortable to. Wtf. Did I miss something?

I'm 6'3 and 280 but he's not that big.

Zemedici

Established Member
You don't. My 15 had recaros and my dad ( 6'4, 275 ) couldn't hardly fit in them. My boss is 6'6 and he had to get the premium seats or else he couldn't fit

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm 6'1 200lbs. My waist fits in them fine, but my shoulders are a little snug.

Rael

Established Member
I heard Ford pulled the comfort package because everyone's buying Recaros. I'm not big, but the Recaros are not comfortable enough for me, and too hard to get in and out of as a daily driver.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I heard Ford pulled the comfort package because everyone's buying Recaros. I'm not big, but the Recaros are not comfortable enough for me, and too hard to get in and out of as a daily driver.
Yeah, I'm not a huge guy, about 5'11" and 200lbs and I'd rather have the comfort seats than the Recaros. They don't look all that comfortable at all. Especially for long drives. (Just personal preference I guess.)

CO Mack

Established Member
I love the non-Recaros in my GT350, most comfortable seat I've ever had, and I love the heating/cooling. The Recaros in my Focus are not nearly as comfortable. They look cooler I guess though. ;) I'm 6' 165....

Shelbyman

Established Member
I'll share with you what I did with the Recaros that came with my 2016 Track Pack car. I removed them and covered them up with plastic wrap and stored them. Had all the same issues as has been discussed on this thread. I will say this...the Recaros in the Track Attack cars in Utah have been broken in and are much more comfortable than new ones. I'm 6' about 225...stocky build and the off the floor Recaros are a tight fit and tough to get out of.

Back to what I did. I found a set of 2015 Mustang power fabric seats on Ebay and had them installed by my local Ford dealer. There's a tricky bit to doing this. The Recaros cars don't have the wiring harness necessary for making the power seats work so the tech had to figure that out. I wanted to be able to take the power seats out and install the Recaros back in possibly for track time and I wanted it to be plug and play. So anyway I got it all done and it works well.

Now if I had it to do over again I would try to find some leather take outs instead of the fabric but the fabric seats are cheaper so I went that route. I might get a set of leather replacement seat covers and have the fabric replaced. Not sure I want to step up to the plate on that right now. The leather covers cost about $350 so would have that cost plus the cost of the trim shop to install them.

oldbmwfan

Established Member
I'm 5'9 and 175 lbs (well not right now, thanks to Thanksgiving). The Recaros in my R are fantastic for me and were very comfortable for the 800+ mile drive I did a couple weekends back. The tighter Recaros in my Fiesta ST get uncomfortable for me (mostly in the upper back/shoulder area) after a few hours.

I've had a couple of bigger guys in both cars, and I think the comfort factor depends on where your weight is. If you have a long torso and are broad through the middle, the Recaros will suck. If you have a relatively smaller waist and most of your weight is in the chest and shoulders, you'll do fine in the GT350 seats.

I also fly a lot for work. Airplanes and car seats are the only things that make me glad to be on the shorter end of things.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I'm 6', 250+ pounds, broad in the shoulders, and a gut now. I fit in the seats fine, but they don't have enough thigh support for my legs. After a few hours of driving, my hips started hurting. I guess that will give me some incentive to get my weight back down.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I drove a 350 with Recaros and the seat started getting a little uncomfortable after a while (just like in my 14'). Im only 5-11" @ 225lbs. Bolsters really push into the lat area. Its like they made the seats for 150 pounders.

Users who are viewing this thread