I got a HUGE (Hydroboost)problem if someone can help

zeusha

Established Member
So I took my valve covers off to get painted (I HATE THIS CAR AFTER THIS lol) the drivers side was the biggest pain in the ass ever so needless to say I dont like damaged goods so opted to unbolt the brakebooster not from the firewall but from the 5 bolts that hold it together I moved the brake pin out and shifted it over and no problem cover came right out and off. NOW ... I got them painted put them back on put the booster back together and my brakes are engaged without the pedal being depressed. When I turn the steering wheel they lighten up then go hard as hell. I bled every caliper, bled master cylinder, checked for the brake pin behind the pedal into the firewall moves freely. Like I said with no pedal brakes are engaged. No vaccume leak cause I didnt take ANY lines off for this? WTF? Does ANY other person have this problem and fixed it?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
So I took my valve covers off to get painted (I HATE THIS CAR AFTER THIS lol) the drivers side was the biggest pain in the ass ever so needless to say I dont like damaged goods so opted to unbolt the brakebooster not from the firewall but from the 5 bolts that hold it together I moved the brake pin out and shifted it over and no problem cover came right out and off. NOW ... I got them painted put them back on put the booster back together and my brakes are engaged without the pedal being depressed. When I turn the steering wheel they lighten up then go hard as hell. I bled every caliper, bled master cylinder, checked for the brake pin behind the pedal into the firewall moves freely. Like I said with no pedal brakes are engaged. No vaccume leak cause I didnt take ANY lines off for this? WTF? Does ANY other person have this problem and fixed it?

You buggered up the Hydro-boost when you reassembled it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
^^^Yup, there was just a thread on something similar to this not long ago, and they were able to fix it. Hopefully they see this.

Jroc

Established Member
You can get a re-manned booster from NAPA, or Advanced, or Auto Zone, etc for a little over $100.

Rockauto has them for $133.79 with a $40 core charge. They'll also sell you a new Motorcraft unit for $256.89.

Look under Power Brake Booster:
RockAuto Parts Catalog[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread