I got a wierd dent today.

jophis37

Established Member
Well it's not a dent it's a reverse dent, a pop out. It right in theseem on the drivers' front fender. Right in the body line or crease on the fender. I can't figure out how it happened. I did just get some tires swapped out yesterday. Maybe they jacked my car up wrong, and applied the right amount of pressure. Who knows. Anyone running around w/ the same unexplained blemish?

jophis37

Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:
I dunno its kinda hard to make out in the pic...

I'll try to get some pics of my blemish, but you're right, I'm having a hard time getting a good pic. It looks a 100 times worse in person than it does in a pic.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
Dude thats weird as hell. I noticed that i had the same exact one. I noticed that i had that right after i got my headers rebolted. The dude i know at the dealership had to take k member down and everything to put the stock studs back in, the bolts from bassani came loose, but back to the story. I think its the driver's side, right in the crease of the fenderwell, except it goes out. Ill try and get a pic tomorrow.

jophis37

Established Member
redfr03svtsnake said:
Dude thats weird as hell. I noticed that i had the same exact one. I noticed that i had that right after i got my headers rebolted. The dude i know at the dealership had to take k member down and everything to put the stock studs back in, the bolts from bassani came loose, but back to the story. I think its the driver's side, right in the crease of the fenderwell, except it goes out. Ill try and get a pic tomorrow.

I figured it out, We have so much power that when the car launches all the weight is distributed to the rear. And when it comes back to the front between shifts, the struts get maxed out and bleed the rest of the load back into the body panels.

ya right. lol.

I think that when I had my new tires put on that the place doing it didn't lift the car up correctly and may have exerted some of the load on the body panels. It's a long shot but what else could it be. My wheel well is still in contact, nothing has hit my car.

I took some pics. they didn't come out though.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
do you have sub frame connectors? do you launch your car hard?

Last edited:

jophis37

Established Member
Snakebite2k5 said:
do you have sub frame connectors? do you launch your car hard?

No SFC's, I've never been to the track w/ it, if I get on it, it's usualy from like a second gear role. I've done a couple races from a dig but that was pre blemish, like 3 weeks ago. And I don't launch hard at all. If I had to guess I'd say my average 60' would be a 1.9 if that helps.

Last edited:

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
jophis37 said:
No SFC's, I've never been to the track w/ it, if I get on it, it's usualy from like a second gear role. I've done a couple races from a dig but that was pre blemish, like 3 weeks ago. And I don't launch hard at all. If I had to guess I'd say my average 60' would be a 1.9 if that helps.

gotcha..but get some sfc's ASAP cause you have to much power and even from a 2nd gear roll you can still bend something.

whipple FTW!:rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can see what you mean. How was your car lifted when the tires were changed?

jophis37

Established Member
CobraBob said:
I can see what you mean. How was your car lifted when the tires were changed?

I'm not sure what the lift they used was called. the lift has to 4'x1.5' platforms that rise up just under where the frame rails or sub frame connectors would be. They placed wooden blocks on the platforms to ensure that they wouldn't put pressure on the body panel flap, or whatever it's called where the fender connects underneith the car.

frmula505

Established Member
My brother runs a bodyshop and I see all kinds of stuff. To me it looks like a kink. You get that type of kink when you hit something straight on. check your front bumper for any marks or scratches. It looks like they ran into something while they had your car.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Holy crap, I had the EXACT SAME thing happen to my 01 Cobra.It looked identicle to what you have. Could never figure out WTF happened. I had SFC's on that one too. :shrug:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I've got it on the passenger fender of mine, but I think mine is bigger.

Got it when a buddy of mine were out and got a flat. AAA only had a GIANT jack and it wouldn't fit on a flat tire with coil over drop.

We lifted from the fender and bingo, dent like yours :cuss:

It wasn't until after that happened that we figured out to drive it up a driveway/curb, THEN jack it :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread