I got my car!

03DOHC

Established Member
I know you all have heard this a million times so I'll make it short. Been waiting since 2/18/02. Built on 8/29/02. Arrived at dealer on 9/11/02. I picked it up today 9/12/02.

Sonic Blue Coupe w/graphite accents and not detailed very well. I don't care I just want my car. Happy with the Sales Department at Green Valley Ford. MSRP. No games. Nice guys. They have one more 2003 Cobra that they can order for anyone because the guy that ordered it can't get financed. Green Valley Ford is in Fairfield, CA for those interested.

Likes- Handles like it's on freakin rails compared to my '97 Cobra. Went 60mph up a twisty mountain road that made my '97 get squirley at 50mph. Haven't got on it yet until it breaks in. 6th gear at 1300rpm because of the stupid shift light and then accelerating up hill results in no problem. I like the torque.:thumbsup: Nice. Mach460 sounds better than the Mach460 in my old Cobra. I like the 6 disk CD deal. Seats are the best supporting ones ever. Can hear the blower bypass valve-sounds neat. No pull. No 80mph vibe. No tick. Spoiler looks great. Color ROCKS! Lots of looks on the 60 mile drive home.

Dislikes-6 speed rattles in first. Very noisy transmission when lugged in all gears. Very close shift gates. Interior noise seems louder than my '97. Stupid ass middle A/C vents rattle like a mofo :bash:. Drivers seat wont adjust far enough down. 5th gear reach is too far. Exhaust drone at 1500rpm-maybe somethings wrong. Cobra on right side of car facing toward the rear! I didn't notice it until I got home. No signs of overspray or repair. Maybe they ran out of the part? I dunno, but I'm SUPER pissed about that.

That sums it up. I like it so far. Here's some pics.

03DOHC

Established Member
This is what I've been driving since early August! My Old Lady's Honda. Can you say no power? Good gas mileage though. Definately a waste of time to mod.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
03DOHC, Welcome to the jungle!

Z06_2002, Do you print your own money? What a stable of vehicles, past and present. What a house. Nice looking family.

Mac03Cobra

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by Mac03Cobra
03DOHC, Welcome to the jungle!

Z06_2002, Do you print your own money? What a stable of vehicles, past and present. What a house. Nice looking family.

Mac03Cobra

Mac03Cobra,

Thank you, nice to be surrounded by so many car enthusiasts!

:beer:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
03DOHC--CONGRATS finally! :beer:

Mine also rattles in first gear, and boy are you right about the gears being close. Have Fun!!

darkhorse

Established Member
Beautiful car and nice watch...enjoy and be careful.

You may be the only one with the Cobra facing backwards. Are rare car indeed.....;-)

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by darkhorse
Beautiful car and nice watch...enjoy and be careful.

You may be the only one with the Cobra facing backwards. Are rare car indeed.....;-)
A rare car w/a part being shipped yesterday! I told the dealer about it when I noticed it after getting home. It's supposed to be ordered already:).

After driving it to and from work today, I am getting used to the close gate spacings. Mine definately has an exhaust drone starting at 1500rpm and ending about 2100 or so.

:beer: :thumbsup: :rolling: :burnout:

03DOHC

Established Member
<---I got me a nifty new avatar!
Originally posted by Gatorac
Congrats on the new ride.:beer:
Thanks! :thumbsup:

I think I'd leave the Cobra emblem. That will be one of a kink.
I dunno, seems kinda freaky, like a deformed child:shrug: . I'm not too fond of freaks, unless she's doing something in my pants!:) :burnout:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread