I have a budget of $10,000 -- Let the mods begin!

Tmac3320

My car as of right now has longtubes----> full exhaust, CAI, 4.10's, tuned, short throw, eibach pro kit, fr500's, cosmetic stuff, udp's......bolt ons basically.

I have a budget of approx. 10,000 give or take.

my car now.... New pics from fall shoot '08...

photo shoot a while ago. most recent pic is with the smoked headlights and chin spoiler.

This is my first post on svtp. I've been looking on here for while and seems like theres some good knowledge.

Theres 3 things I absolutely want to do..

Griggs racing SS kit.....3,500
torsen t2r diff and moser 31's with my 4.10's 1,000
racing seats/harnesses/roll cage. 1,500

The rest i'm not sure on.

could sell my rims and get a set of ccw's wrapped in ps2's.
or just widen my 18x10's to 11 and run a 315 ps2 in rear and save some money.
or get hitech stage 2 cams and some more bolt ons.
ceramic coat lower intake and cold air by jet hot.....

just some thoughts. I dont want to blow all my money....i'm saving to own a business. I've been training for 13 years in karate and want to own the school I teach at. So spending all my money is not too good of an idea right now as i'm 18. Otherwise I could save up a few more grand and do the suspension, rear end, race seats, and get an hp twin turbo kit or hellion or something.

Just lemme know whatcha guys think. All I want is a super solid car (hence the suspension choice) and something to take to the road course and on weekend drives.

Tmac

Tmac3320

that was before the pro kit. and It still looks like a ****in truck. I can fit 3 fingers between the tire and fender well. sucks.

anyways. I like the feeling of a solid car. so i'm getting suspension for sure.

I would like an f1a or a twin turbo kit. = more cash money though. So its kinda out of my price range. I Dont want to throw all my money at this. I would like to save some at least. I have other priorities to take care of. like saving for my business.

330mach1

Established Member
just buy one of the blower setups in the market area. i think they were going for 2600 last i looked

J'sSilverSnake

Established Member
sell that car plus the 10,000 buy a 03 - 04 cobra ,you will be on the low 12' blower only ,them add nitrous low 11' easy

Swaie

Established Member
yep...sell it get a cobra...put your wheels on there you'll have a bad ass car instead of a nice looking gt.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
so technically you dont have a budget of $10,000. Need to word your topics right. Id sell it and get a 4v of some sort. Even a mach 1 would be nice, but since you say you arent putting all of the money into it, like you originally stated in the title pretty much, then do the suspension if you want a solid car.

Tmac3320

good advice Mineralgrey, I'd like a 4v but I'd rather keep my car and just make it solid. Maybe somtime down the road I'll get a cobra.

4valvemach

Established Member
I would keep saving your money for the business you want to buy instead of spending it.You are dumping money into a car that will keep losing value and may only make some money back if you sold it.

It is a VERY nice looking car :beer:

Last edited:

svtcharged

svtcharged
Established Member
Mods to buy

Thats a no brainer, look at the name of this website. "SVT" performance, not GT performance. Simply put sell your GT and buy a Cobra from this website and magically all your questions are answered. You start out with a solid engine, more horsepower, better mods, did i mention more horsepower! Cobras are the shit! LOL just joking man! But seriously you should get a cobra!

rob03svt06

Purple Heart Veteran
Established Member
iv got an idea... you said in the other forum you need a DD. so buy my 93 notch for 5k, then buy H&R Race Springs. You will have a problem getting your pinky finger in between the fender and tire then !

SILVER2V00

Established Member
I say keep it 2V!! Do a piston/rod kit, ported heads and some large cams. make 340rwhp, very reilable and fun power. throw a 100shot on it and tune it safely, make 430+.

Users who are viewing this thread