I have a budget of $10,000 -- Let the mods begin!

2k3gt

Established Member
Just kinda curious...how'd you run into $10k of extra cash to throw at a 10-year-old car that's probably only worth $7k or $8k itself? :shrug:

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Dude.. you are starting to sound like my wife... back off a little.. lol.. im sure he knows his car isnt worth that, and he might not want to say where he got 10g's.. but lets get back to the real discussion.. what the best way to mod his car.. what he asked.. no need to act like his wife (mine atleast) and talk about what is financially a smart move.. The only thing I would say is.. if the car isnt paid off.. pay it off before you put 10g's worth of parts on it.

1 VET ETR

Established Member
Wow.. an interesting read for sure...

I have owned both and for the money I would build the GT every time. You can make the same amount of power and with the 2V you have fewer moving parts so a higher reliability factor. Don't get me wrong I love the IRS but the cost to upgarde for higher HP levels can be very expensive. The solid rear is more pocket book friendly. The TR3650 trans in not the best but the T56 is not bullet proof either.

At the end of the day it just depends what you want the car to do.

Good Luck to the OP!

Built4.6

Built
Established Member
blower cams and blower hands down, procharger or KB!! and please lower the car it looks ridiculous, my mom's Z71 is lower than that thing

Built4.6

Built
Established Member
little something called saving's and not paying for jackshit.

hahahahahahaha man i don't even have anywhere near $500 in my account, but then again I'm a college man! Does this guy go to college? Or is he still living with the moms and working at Wendys? hahahaa I'll be pulling out a cool 10,000 every week after grad school though :coolman:

Last edited:

Built4.6

Built
Established Member
Built shortblock, trick flow heads, blower cams, good intake, blower, fuel system to keep up. Thats all your money but you should be in the 5-6 range. Then start saving for trans upgrades and rear upgrades.

I know none of you 4v guys have done any research.. BUT did you know my 2v heads are flowing better than your 4v? The new trick flow twisted wedge heads are the greatest thing to happen to the 2v world. Period.. Mine are ported an all... flowing 300.. 4v these nuts

hahaha hell YA!:rockon: Built baby, built!

Last edited:

BCM0018

Established Member
Dont know where you are at but I'll be looking to unload the following: Patriot stage 3 heads, comp 278's, typhoon intake, manley pistons and h beam rods I used for this setup. All have 4000 miles on them.

Users who are viewing this thread