I have a new Respect for WRX's now.. Check this Out

NBS4

BANNED!
Originally posted by Ultor
BlueR34GTR1small.jpg

Only the Skyline has a more advanced awd system and launches even harder :bowdown:

*Oh gahd... hope I didn't open a can of worms with this one:( *

:bowdown: R34

So Beautiful

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by johnsonl
What the hell is it? Is that a real car, or a photochop?

R34 Nissan Skyline. Not anything we'd ever have to worry about seeing since they dont import em.

Runs mid 13's at somewhere around 105mph. Might as well just have an EVO or a WRX IMO. Although I have heard the power plants in those cars are as strong as the Supra power plants, durability wise.

I toured a local tuner shop a few days ago, getting ready to get some goodies for my car, and there was, what looked like, a black R34 parked in the garage in the back. Not sure if it was real or a body kit. I might ask next time I go over there.

Last edited:

4 cam bird

Established Member
So I am reading the list of sites on the local board that this originated on, and low and behold, this is one of them. And it didn't even get posted here by one of the local guys, lol. Its amazing how much this video has gotten around.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Whats baffling to me is why all of these WRX vs Corvette threads keep ending up on Mustang sites. Almost every link I'v seen so far that has any info on it about this race, is on a Mustang board. :shrug:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
First of all, I realize that if the WRX lost the first race (I don't see it, but whatever) because he missed a shift, that's still a loss. That's what racing is all about, the driver. I was just pointing out that even in the first race the WRX proved it had enough to compete with the Vette (let alone the second race). Second of all, let me be very clear on something. I would give up TWO WRXs to own a Z06. My father and 2 uncle have owned them and they are incredible cars! I bought the WRX wagon for my wife because it's quicker than her '02 SVT Focus was, has more interior/storage room, gets better gas mileage, and goes 100 times better in the snow (literally!). I didn't buy it because I'm an import lover. Quite the contrary. I laugh at rice every chance I get, bash on them, etc. It actually hurt my pride a little to buy a foreign car (it's my first one), but after owning it for a couple months I love it. This thing has nothing to be ashamed of for the $22k we picked it up for. I would've rather had a new Mustang GT or Mach 1 (tried to talk her into it), but it just wasn't practical. Besides, I already have the Cobra and my '89. I'm a die hard Ford/domestic fan. Now, that being said, I'm still not afraid to admitt when a "rice burner" smokes me. If that's what they choose to spend their money on, so be it. It's not mine. And I respect them if they're in it to go fast and run people for fun. It the cocky morons that drive the Civics with huge wings, stickers everywhere, and fart cans that go around talking crap to everyone like they have 1000 hp that piss me off. It goes both ways, though. There are kids in town with late-'70s Novas that have them lifted (with air shocks) 4 ft. in the back to fit those meaty :)rollseyes ) 195/60R15s and straight pipes (with a stock inline 6). I laugh at them just as much because they deserve it. I say, to each his own and give respect where it is due. That's it, I'm done ranting (finally). :bored:

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
R34 Nissan Skyline. Not anything we'd ever have to worry about seeing since they dont import em.

Motorex and RbMotoring both sell street legal Skylines. They had to do their own crash test and emissions and everything needed to get it legalized under them. So they sell for example the R34 skylines for about 100K =/
...Technically, you most likely still don't need to worry about running into one =P

Runs mid 13's at somewhere around 105mph. Might as well just have an EVO or a WRX IMO.[/B]

As I have pointed out in the past. In Japan they aren’t only allowed to exceed a set whp rating (I think its 320) so it is unfair to compare the car's straight line performance, with a car over here. The Skyline, like the SupraTT is easily 400hp stock, with some tuning.

I don't think NBS4's intentions were to *wow* any of you with the wrx's performance, but instead spread the word about what went down, after the race.:shrug:

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Ultor
Motorex and RbMotoring both sell street legal Skylines. They had to do their own crash test and emissions and everything needed to get it legalized under them. So they sell for example the R34 skylines for about 100K =/
...Technically, you most likely still don't need to worry about running into one =P

So that R34 I saw in that tuner shop may very well have been authentic. Hmm. I'v never been a big fan of the Skyline, but I think it would be pretty neat to get a closer look.

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
So that R34 I saw in that tuner shop may very well have been authentic. Hmm. I'v never been a big fan of the Skyline, but I think it would be pretty neat to get a closer look.

I envy you sir :cryying:

jhillyer

Show Me The Money?

Originally posted by GotGrunt
You should have had someone hold the money from both people. Smash his windshield next time you see the car :cuss: What happened to the guy that hit the WRX owner? I would have loved to jump in and beat their asses :kaboom:

Maybe, or next time someone's getting so much video, get the agreement on video. There's so much chatter there, but absolutely _nothing_ about $500, just after-race claims. I call major BS on the whole (non)deal.

Hiddy Ho -- thanks for the stat charts, I saved to disk, but I'll observe copyright and won't mirror.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
i saw that video long time ago on SRT forums thats a stock Corvette not a Z06 and its an automatic that WRX was heavily modded 22PSI, stall convertor, front mount intercooler and the dude in the so called Z06 doesnt know how to race he cant even take off for crap. kinda sadd people with nice cars dunno how to drive em. and heh it prolly was his daddys car

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
i saw that video long time ago on SRT forums thats a stock Corvette not a Z06 and its an automatic that WRX was heavily modded 22PSI, stall convertor, front mount intercooler and the dude in the so called Z06 doesnt know how to race he cant even take off for crap. kinda sadd people with nice cars dunno how to drive em. and heh it prolly was his daddys car

Christ! this thread died forever ago and ppl are still making excuses.

Looks like a z06 to me, maybe you should watch the video again? :shrug:

It's not a stall converter, he's most likely using a launch control set-up, I explained it earlier in the thread.

Last edited:

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
yeh one or the other my friend johnny's knows imports better then me he said sounds like a stall convertor he's got one on his supra. but ehh i could get a Z06 decal for my F150... u can go to the body shop at a chevy place and pick two up for about 12 bucks.....but still eitherway bad ass WRX and dumb ass in the vette...

Users who are viewing this thread