I have a new Respect for WRX's now.. Check this Out

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Yes, the WRX gets the dig, and yes the second race it gets the dig and the Z06 is not pulling on it when the race stopped. But it isn't a matter of opinion which was in the lead at the end of the first run. I just asked my 6 year old son and he said the Z06 won. I can see it won. The truth is the WRX is first to go the shorter distance, and that is all. Just what we always knew. It does go to show that a WRX can be boosted further than a I thought it could without exploding.

This has been fun. Goodnight.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Originally posted by BUFFMUSTANG30
Otay Burt whateva u say cause you were there. right!!!!!
Dang, the WRX runs 12.5's at a drag strip(I seen him do it) the Z06 runs 12.8 to 13.2 depending on the driver, so no the wrx owned the vette sorry to burst your bubble!!!!!:kaboom:

Who's grandmother was driving the Z06 to a 13.2? 02+ Z06's are easily capable of very low 12's with a good driver. I've seen a couple of them in the 11's on tires.

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by johnsonl
Yes, the WRX gets the dig, and yes the second race it gets the dig and the Z06 is not pulling on it when the race stopped. But it isn't a matter of opinion which was in the lead at the end of the first run. I just asked my 6 year old son and he said the Z06 won. I can see it won. The truth is the WRX is first to go the shorter distance, and that is all. Just what we always knew. It does go to show that a WRX can be boosted further than a I thought it could without exploding.

This has been fun. Goodnight.

i'm sure the z06 would kill the wrx 0 to 140... Maybe even a better driver would have won that race.

I think if we would have seen the same view the second race as we did on the 1st one it would have looked very simular. You think the z06 won, I think the z06 blew by the wrx after he let off.

If I thought the z06 won, I would be arguing on you're side, but I honestly don't think he did.

Can we get a little :beer: here? =P

Grant

Established Member
If any of you cared to watch the second part of the video you will hear somone say that the WRX won twice. Now if this wasnt true the vette owner or somone else who was there would have called BS and said otherwise, but nothing was said. All the vette owner was saying is that he never bet any $$.

Now if you still think the Z won then you are a dumbass.

Last edited by a moderator:

98svtcon

In the first race it looks like they finshed neck and neck i dont know what the hell happen to the z06 in round 2. Eather way that was a fast wrx, and it so gay that you can go out and have a good race without someone get violent.

GotGrunt

Established Member
Originally posted by FataL
If any of you cared to watch the second part of the video you will hear somone say that the WRX won twice. Now if this wasnt true the vette owner or somone else who was there would have called BS and said otherwise, but nothing was said. All the vette owner was saying is that he never bet any $$.

Now if you still think the Z won then you are a dumbass.

Swervin

Token Darkee
Established Member
Had dinner with Allan last night along with some other buddies. The reason for the 2nd race was just for fun. And it was all the Z06 owners idea. Allan's learned his lesson, I dont think he'll be racing for money again until he see's the money first. But either way the Z06 owner lost both races. Why else would he be upset?

Daddy's $50.000.00 sports car loses to a 24K Import Sedan, yeah I guess I'd be a lil pissy too

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraHopeful
Who's grandmother was driving the Z06 to a 13.2? 02+ Z06's are easily capable of very low 12's with a good driver. I've seen a couple of them in the 11's on tires.

Got those times off a Z06 forum, depends on driver and lets face some people can and others can't drive, maybe it was a grandma!!!!

boostinhard

Established Member
Originally posted by WishIHadaCobra
What makes a person a ricer? Well they can either act like one or own rice or both. If any of the above conditions are met then hes a ricer. I dont care if the dude was 80 years old, if hes driving a WRX hes a ricer.

I think your a ricer.:nonono: :idea:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Jeez guys, you are blind. I am in no way a big import fan, but you have to give someone respect when they build something fast. Am I the ONLY ONE that saw that the WRX missed a gear in the first race??? Sure, it was driver error so whatever, but the first race still proves that the WRX had the ability to beat the Z06. The second race leaves no doubt in my mind. It might not have been a 1/4 mile, but it was close enough that nothing different would've happened by the time they got there. I agree the WRX would get smoked over about 130. I'm not sure about the bet or someone getting hit, but the Impreza won, end of story. If you watch the second video the owner of the Z06 admitts to losing TWICE! Why would he admitt to losing if he won the first one? :??: Wake up and smell the coffee. Imports are getting quicker, so what. It only helps drive us to stay ahead of them and that's not a bad thing by any means.

P.S.: I know it's possible to make a quick WRX. My brother did. It ran within a tenth of my pullied/chipped/catback/CAI '03 Cobra at the strip. I don't necessarily like the car, but I had to admitt that it ran.

Last edited by a moderator:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
If you like the WRX so much why did you buy and Evo? :kaboom:

Just curious how much the guy had to spend to make it that quick.

Last edited:

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
I'm sorry, where the hell did I post, I like the wrx more than the Evo?

You're being a little cry baby cause the corvette lost. You tried so hard to believe the z06 won the first race, you couldn't stand to see it lose. Now people are coming forward to say the z06 lost the first race (as I said they would).... So now you're hoping the guy dumped more $ into his car than the z06 is worth.

I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt, he's even close to 50K

z06 is an awesome car, and if I had my choice of wrx or z06 I can say with 100% confidence, I would choose the z06.

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
And one more thing, earlier I posted that I think the z06 may have won that race with a better driver. Don't worry, I think the z06 is still faster. The driver just got his ass handed to him... imho =)

(still would have been close)

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by johnsonl
Ok, so how much cash is in the WRX?

I'll assume this question is for me. If it is: :shrug: He lives 2 hours away from me and I never bothered to ask because I didn't care. It had some kind of big turbo, boost controller, and full exhaust. Other than that I don't know. He sold the car and returned it to stock, but he said he saved all the mods for my wife's WRX. :-D Not sure how radical I'll get, though, because he took out a couple of trannies the way it was set up.

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Wait till it snows, you'll be fighting your wife for the keys :burnout:

Take my word for it... when the woman wants that key, there's not a lot you can do to get it from em :(

(gf is a proud lightning owner) :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread