I have her back!!!!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just got her back from being wet sanded and buffed. I still need to polish it, and give it a good coat of wax, but as you can see, it is really :) shiney :). Man, I love having almost no orange peal. :) I can't wait to see what it looks like once I get it all polished up. :rockon:

p1020816.jpg

*My beater 03 Silverado in the background..you can see that my OCD does not transfer to it at all. :)*
p1020818.jpg

replace.jpg

p1020824.jpg

p1020825.jpg

p1020828.jpg

p1020835.jpg

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It is just bare paint. It is smooth to the touch, but is not slick at all. I put a little bit of polish on the deck lid, and it is now smoother than any painted surface I can remember touching. I guess there is no reason to claybar. :poke:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I could tell you but I would have to kill you...

Oh hell, I will tell you anyway, I got a great deal, and had it done for $300. But the guy knows that I hit the car show's about as hard as a whisky and coke on a lonely Friday night. So he gave me a deal so that I would throw his name around. :) They spent a week on it. They went over it once, then went back and started all over again from step one just to get it perfect. :)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
oh, and due to my OCD, this is the best mod yet. ;-)

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
that's a lot less than I thought. That's damned reasonable. wow. I am amazed at that price. Even if that is a deal that's not bad.

Does he have any friends in central Florida???? :poke:

Matt

Black'03GT

Established Member
beautiful job! post pics of the final product. I would have never took the the risk of wet sanding the whole car. I'm glad it turned out well for you.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If the paint had been ruined I was just going to have them repaint. I just wanted to start with the easiest answer to the problem first, and go from there. :)

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Wow, no more orange peel? Whatever will you do.

HAHA, that looks great. Lets see it with some wax and sunshine on it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
trance_in_miami said:
300+ for wet sand or 10$ and 30 min of CLAY BAR :dw: :poke: Obviously my answer is the clay.

The point of my claybar remark was that the paint is as clean as the moment it was first shot onto the car, and maybe even cleaner. The reason I had this done was to get rid of the orange peal.

WS6DUDE

Slow Car Man.
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
The point of my claybar remark was that the paint is as clean as the moment it was first shot onto the car, and maybe even cleaner. The reason I had this done was to get rid of the orange peal.

I would do a quick clay anyway, it could never hurt. Plus how many days has it been sitting?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My wife just got home, and I had to show her the bill to prove I didn't have it repainted. She said the same thing I did. It looks more like the color of your brothers 04 Lightning now...I will agree, in person it looks more like a bright red than torch red. But it may just be the lighting.

Rdnckhoops

Boy o Boy, that thing really does shine bro. Might have to get them to do the L now, but im sure they will charge me 10X what it cost you. Can't wait to see it in the sun....... if we ever see it again.... :thumbsup:

Well, looks like the whole family is here! :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
ws6dude said:
I would do a quick clay anyway, it could never hurt. Plus how many days has it been sitting?

Dude, they took sandpaper to it..I can't see what a claybar would do for it. :poke: :banana: :pepper:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
94 Superbolt said:
Boy o Boy, that thing really does shine bro. Might have to get them to do the L now, but im sure they will charge me 10X what it cost you. Can't wait to see it in the sun....... if we ever see it again.... :thumbsup:

Well, looks like the whole family is here! :beer:

:beer:

I am sure he will cut you a deal. :)

Users who are viewing this thread