I have now parted with my 03

Sin

Established Member
I traded it in today and got a RX-8...Received 27,000 for it and probably should'nt have gotten that much due to the mods and tick and so on. But I did have only 7000 miles on it which probably helped....Got the RX-8(6-speed) on S-plan, sport pack, App. pack, Rotorary pack, spoiler, 6-disc, and a few accessories for even swap. Cant get double-taxed so I paid just $38. Thankyou Svtperformance for the time well spent(especially the 3 AM with coffee nights!) Take care Moderators, I'll be in every so often......:burnout:

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
I think its because he's had a lot of issues with his 03 and is just sick of it.

IMO, you should have gone w/ the 350z over the RX8, but its still a kewl car, good luck.

Sin

Established Member
So far I really like it, As for the 350z, yeah its awesome but my friend works at Hiley Mazda here in TX(S-plan is 50 below invoice). So I didnt have to cough up any money. Then when I got there I realized that Tim's uncle was the appraiser!!! It all worked out thank god...later

Sin

Established Member
grnenvy, I'll keep my distance...from 479/570 to 250/180 I wont be stupid, but I'll stick look good...

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Mazda is having a hard time getting rid of those things after the recall. Have they come out with what the actual hp rating is?

wculver

600hp is not enough!
Established Member
Cool car, but love my Cobra more. If I had to get something else, it would have been a 350Z or the Infinity G35 coupe.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by wculver
Cool car, but love my Cobra more. If I had to get something else, it would have been a 350Z or the Infinity G35 coupe.

Those would be awesome daily drivers! :thumbsup:

ralphy1798

Established Member
I like the RX-8 but with the rotary engine, i would think he would have problems with it too, technology is not perfected, even less perfected than the motors in the cobra and lightning...

IDAREU

Banned
Just curious, Since you purchased a Quad Coupe did you consider the Saturn Redline Quad Coupe. I have heard that it is rated at 225 hp and is very light weight due to the polymer panels. I also read in a recent autoweek that it just set a land speed record on the salt flats. It will have the Eaton supercharger and will have sticker of under $20k! Given all the different rebate on Saturns you could get into one for under $17k, this car may well become the best bang for your horsepower buck.

v8volvo

Face Smasher
Established Member
Good luck with the RX-8 most of them don't even produce the 247 hp that they are supposed to. Some guys have dyno'd right around 150rwhp - not much.

svtfc3swrx

Established Member
Man that's a change of pace.

Originally posted by Vrrooom
I think its because he's had a lot of issues with his 03 and is just sick of it.

IMO, you should have gone w/ the 350z over the RX8, but its still a kewl car, good luck.

I've got a feeling you'll be back, or wishing you were back in the 03.

But as for an alternative car my only consideration was the Subaru STI. I've driven one and had they been available a few months ago I might have owned one. The WRX/STI is one of the funnest cars I've ever driven. You drag race, rally race, go off curbs medians, so on and so forth. But to each their own.

I've had a rotary in my garage since 1988. They're cool and all but with out boost they kinda suck. I know rx7.com is working on a CSC for it. Personally I would by an RX7 if it had some sort of positive displacement supercharger.

They are still one of the coolest looking cars out there. Have you guys seen the new Vette. It looks like chevy is copying them again.

JMD0346

Established Member
Damn hate to hear that. What problems where you having with the 03? Seems there may be more to the story. If not good luck with the RX-8. I never knock cars but damn. Thats like a nightmare I have reaccuring. The R isnt really a sports car and it isnt a sedan. Its a kinda four door, half this half that. How does it run?

Users who are viewing this thread