I have problem in my gearbox

moh.2050

Established Member
Hy guys

I have problem in my gearbox but I’m not Sure what it is !!!

When I Suddenly Drive fast and furious I hear Strange sound coming from the gear box (DG …..DG ) , The mechanic say I have to change the Transmission crossmember but I don’t see any thing wrong with it and I don’t want to loss my money for nothing so if any one hade the same problem please help me

Jefe

Established Member
Are you really from India? If the crossmember is bolted up tight then theres nothing wrong with it unless something is rattling against it. Looks like your exhaust is pretty close to it on the right side. And it does look like you have a small hole in your right side catalytic converter, it might be the insides of the cat rattling

You only hear the sound when you hit the gas in gear? Can you get a video of it? Is it a metal on metal sound?

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Jefe, I have to ask, what is your avatar?
:lol: Im trying to find out but no luck. Overseas somewhere I think it was a sporting event celebration

o6iors5ags0t2o5kpfrf.gif

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
...When I Suddenly Drive fast and furious I hear Strange sound coming from the gear box (DG …..DG )...

When you say "suddenly drive fast and furious" do you mean an abrupt off throttle position to on throttle position?

If so, and if I'm interpreting your onomatopoeia "DG .....DG" correctly, then you are just experience how loud the Tremec T56 can be. My transmission makes TONS of noise, with no adverse effects.

Fat-cat

Established Member
what mu22stang said. could just be normal t56 noise but as mentioned your exhaust is real close and it could be one of your cats. its hard to tell by a picture.. if you can take a vid and post it we might be able to help further.

hakeem_svt

Established Member
Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're hearing tranny noise from the gears coming into the cabin (likely not what you're hearing in this case) then adding one of my shifter gasket sets will help. And yes, I do ship to India. If you want more info, click on my banner below. Best of luck with your car.

Users who are viewing this thread