I have some Viper questions.

ebondragon87

Established Member
How many miles?
And honestly, miles doesn't matter as these cars are built like trucks anyways. They are heavy duty. 40k and 140k miles on the clock, car probably feels the same.

Just turned 109k

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I could see the gen1s and gen2s going upwards of 60-70k .....that is later down the road obviously lol

That's not impossible, hopefully I still have mine when/if that happens ;)

I'm kinda biased toward the Gen IV ACRs....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

They're sick!

Just turned 109k

That's nothing man. And in all honesty, you can drive it as much as you like without "feeling bad".
Mine had 25k miles when I bought it, and I've driven it almost 3000 miles after soon 4 months ownership.
Sometimes I feel bad for driving a low mileage car so much, but on the other hand I did not buy my dream car to stare at it in a garage :)

nxhappy

Established Member
in 40 years I am sure all Viper owners will be pleased haha

Lemmiwinks

Established Member

blackvette101

Established Member
I'd save up and go Gen V if you can swing it. My bolt on gen 4 was the scariest car i've ever owned. And ive had a lot of high powered cars. That thing tried to kill me on multiple occasions. After driving a gen V i had to sell my gen 4 and get one.

If you get a gen 4 i'd strongly recomend an R compound tire from day one.

Don't worry about reliability their are guys with ram SRT-10's topping 150k miles.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I'd save up and go Gen V if you can swing it. My bolt on gen 4 was the scariest car i've ever owned. And ive had a lot of high powered cars. That thing tried to kill me on multiple occasions. After driving a gen V i had to sell my gen 4 and get one.

If you get a gen 4 i'd strongly recomend an R compound tire from day one.

Don't worry about reliability their are guys with ram SRT-10's topping 150k miles.

Interesting.
In what way was the gen 4 so scary?

Comparing now with my gen 2 which obviously lacks quite a lot of horsepower from your gen 4, the gen 2 is really easy. And the suspension and overall handling should be a lot better than on the gen 2, more forgiving so to say.
Gen 4 ACR must be so much fun!

blackvette101

Established Member
Interesting.
In what way was the gen 4 so scary?

Comparing now with my gen 2 which obviously lacks quite a lot of horsepower from your gen 4, the gen 2 is really easy. And the suspension and overall handling should be a lot better than on the gen 2, more forgiving so to say.
Gen 4 ACR must be so much fun!

Well suspension and braking was amazing I also had a VOI X edition with ACR brakes, wheels, tires so i was very happy there. It was the power delivery. I mean i was making just shy of 600 rwhp and just over 560 rwtq. But the shape of the power curve was ridiculous. Sort of like a diesel truck the thing would make so much torque at such a low rpm it would break loose almost constantly. I had the thing go sideways on me at 70% percent throttle at 25 mph in 2nd. At like 2000 rpm. And it wasn't just a slick road or something it was always breaking loose. Thats with 345mm michelin super sports on the back. And without traction control you are always fighting with it to bring it back under control. The gen 5 has a more aggressive cam and the powerband is more natural its not so raw.

Zemedici

Established Member
oh man. you guys are making me want a gen IV so bad....raw = win/fun to drive

white knuckle rides are the best imo. The minute my 04 stopped spinning (i put 315 NT05Rs on it) - I sold it 2 weeks later.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Well suspension and braking was amazing I also had a VOI X edition with ACR brakes, wheels, tires so i was very happy there. It was the power delivery. I mean i was making just shy of 600 rwhp and just over 560 rwtq. But the shape of the power curve was ridiculous. Sort of like a diesel truck the thing would make so much torque at such a low rpm it would break loose almost constantly. I had the thing go sideways on me at 70% percent throttle at 25 mph in 2nd. At like 2000 rpm. And it wasn't just a slick road or something it was always breaking loose. Thats with 345mm michelin super sports on the back. And without traction control you are always fighting with it to bring it back under control. The gen 5 has a more aggressive cam and the powerband is more natural its not so raw.

That sounds like so much fun!
Interesting how it's breaking loose so easy. It's about 150hp more than the Gen 2 but my gen 2 doesn't even break loose in 1st gear!

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
Just no love for the Gen IIIs in here. Haha. It's OK my little red headed step child, I still love you... :D

IMG_20160423_190120.jpg

nxhappy

Established Member
I want an orange TA sooooooooooooooooo ****ing bad

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
oh man. you guys are making me want a gen IV so bad....raw = win/fun to drive

white knuckle rides are the best imo. The minute my 04 stopped spinning (i put 315 NT05Rs on it) - I sold it 2 weeks later.
Come visit. I'll give you a fun ride.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread