I jumped off the Stratosphere in Vegas ..

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
What a freakin rush. 885 ft straight down. So much for being afraid of heights.:rockon:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I feel like that's something I'd like to try, even though I'd be absolutely terrified.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
You would probably surprise yourself. I have a huge issue with heights and I just felt I couldn't let it keep from things I want to do. I am an adrenaline junky and have wanted to do this since it opened last year.

Sky diving is next.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I'll be in Vegas this Thursday with 4 of my best friends. I might have to convince one of them to do this. I can tell you it won't be me, though. lol

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
****.that.

Im not afraid of heights, but I cannot stand the Stratosphere. That building makes me nauseous. Anyone having been up there knows it moves with the wind. I had a hard time staying up there 20min.

Skydiving ftw. Going on July 23rd for my birthday. And no, not jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, anyone having been skydiving knows theres nothing perfectly good about the planes they use. Old rickety buses that fly IMO, almost makes you want to jump because you start to think your chances of making it to the ground are better.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Here is raw video taken ....

snkbtn99
[/URL][/IMG]

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Dang, I got nervous just watching that video. I'm sure when she said "GO!" I would have still been standing there.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Dang, I got nervous just watching that video. I'm sure when she said "GO!" I would have still been standing there.

No idea what went through my head on go other than jump off ....First 5 seconds or so is complete free fall. You could hear it in my voice... First step is a doozy, but well worth it once you get going.

Show your friends how it is done!! You must do it!!

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
The video gave me vertigo. I nearly passed out when the girl went for her little climb, even with all her rigging attached.

Glad you had fun, but count me out.

Jim Snover

No idea what went through my head on go other than jump off ....First 5 seconds or so is complete free fall. You could hear it in my voice... First step is a doozy, but well worth it once you get going.

Show your friends how it is done!! You must do it!!

oldmodman

Established Member
You are a braver person than me, I can't stand heights.

I have never understood people that jump off of or like high places.

You would probably surprise yourself. I have a huge issue with heights and I just felt I couldn't let it keep from things I want to do. I am an adrenaline junky and have wanted to do this since it opened last year.

Sky diving is next.

Never!

I'll be in Vegas this Thursday with 4 of my best friends. I might have to convince one of them to do this. I can tell you it won't be me, though. lol

I don't know if I would even go out on the open observation deck.

See if you are willing to go on any of the rides on the top of the Stratosphere. Maybe you and your friends will go on "Big Shot"
Seems to be the "safest" of the bunch. Must post up pictures and video.:idea::xpl:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I don't know if I would even go out on the open observation deck.

See if you are willing to go on any of the rides on the top of the Stratosphere. Maybe you and your friends will go on "Big Shot"
Seems to be the "safest" of the bunch. Must post up pictures and video.:idea::xpl:

I do want to do some of the rides up there, but I am seriously SO afraid of heights. I would have to have a drink first just to loosen up. Going on them at night seems like it would be really neat.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
You my friend are crazy. Not a chance in hell I would do that. Cool video too.

Where are you from in KY?

Users who are viewing this thread