I just bought a cobra!

Raz

Established Member
Well, here I am sitting in Iraq and a few days ago I found out my 2003 Cobra made it to my house. :) I am so excited and amazed that I now own one, and even more anxious to drive it! I cannot wait to get home. My parents had to drive it home from the lot it was delivered to and they said it has unreal power. I can't even imagine.

It has a full Steeda Exhaust too......I am definilty excited to hear that. :)

Raz

Established Member
grimreefer said:
Congrats! :thumbsup: How long before you get to take the wheel yourself?

In a couple weeks or so I will be home. Not really sure what to expect. I knew I wanted a Mustang convertible because I have driven the GT. And I love that. That is all I have to go by. I have NO idea what kind of power this will have compared to the only thing i know, the GT. lol That is why I am anxious. I got it with 5000 miles on it.....hardly broke in.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Well thats not toooooooo much longer... although I bet those weeks are going to seem like forever due to the excitement. Always seems that way when I'm getting short to go home. Anyways... I have a hunch that you're going to be VERY happy when you get to put her through her paces. :burnout:

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Congrats, you will happy with the performance, and potential of these cars. Two weeks isn't that long. Just stay safe, and enjoy your new toy! :burnout:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats both on your new Cobra, AND on coming home in a very short time. As far as power, you're going to be amazed when you compare it to the GT. I had the Steeda catback myself and loved it!! Be sure to let us know how your first drive was. I have a feeling you're going to have a HUGE smile on your face.
;-)

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Have fun dumping at least 1500 bucks into it the first week you have it. I said i wasnt going to do anything to mine until i found this site and saw the different things i could do. still no pully yet. Ill wait for that. congratulations pal. You will have many sleepness nights till you get back. be safe

Raz

Established Member
I am glad to hear all of this good feedback on these cobras. I bought it online obviously and didn't drive it at all. A dealer actually owned it. He seemed legit until after it got home. When it was unloaded from the truck, my mom and dad had to inspect it. Well, they found a really small dent in the left rear quarter panel. The dealer knew about it, as did the truck driver, but the dealer was hoping that we wouldn't see it. Thank god we did. The driver of the truck was thankful too, because he wasn't allowed to tell us it was there. So, as soon as I get home, it is going to the body shop and the bill will be going to him. Kinda shady if you ask me, and it had me worried at what else was wrong with it, but my parents say the engine sounds and runs perfect and everything is beautiful on the car. I have to take their word for it, but as you know, until i see it and drive it, I am gonna be a little nervous. Buying a car online like that was very hard to do. I think I did very well though.:) It has 4800 miles on it, and I got it for 30k.

Raz

Established Member
OH, and by the way, I already did buy something for it. LOL.....I haven't even driven it yet and I bought those chrome cobra letter inserts for the back bumper. lol

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Dont be over paranoid bro. I never test drove my car either. I just paid for it and left. I had to get a few bugs worked out but the car sounds great.

Raz

Established Member
03silversvt said:
Dont be over paranoid bro. I never test drove my car either. I just paid for it and left. I had to get a few bugs worked out but the car sounds great.

What kind of bugs did you have to work out?

StreetSnake

Established Member
Raz you need to get a few members from the PA area to go over and blow the carbon out of that thing before you get home :burnout: Im sure you could get some volunteers. lol Good luck with it and stay safe :beer: :beer:

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
Congrats man...you'll love it ----Keep your head down over there and get back safely :beer:

Raz

Established Member
fr03cobra said:
good choice in color. is it black on black convert.?

Absolutly.....that is the only way I woulda went. I am sure I am going to have a blast in it. :)

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Now you just need a full exhaust, JLT cold air intake, Stage 4 Steig port, ported elbow and trottle body, 2.8 upper, 2 lb lower, Amazon tuning Solutions tune, New plugs, 60lb injectors, Ford GT pumps, SCT MAF..that should get you started..lol :thumbsup:

gopats76

Established Member
Congrats on the new car! Be safe over there and keep your head on a swivel! Let us know how you like your new snake!

SkipBuxton

Established Member
Raz - I had a 2000 GT with full bolt ons - it put 260 to the wheel , I thought it ran pretty good back on 01 when I sold it. I got my Cobra in March........and OMG !!! This thing will put a football field on my old car !! It is a strong car and I am still basically stock except for CAI and midpipe and catback. Some of the guys on here are making ignorant powAAAAAAAAAAA -- Have fun with it and thanks for all you guys did and are still doing over there !!

Users who are viewing this thread