I just found out that my 'NEW' Livernois built shortblock is a piece of JUNK!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraSVT657

Established Member
Well I just got off the Phone with Al Papitto in FL. Only to find out the my 4.6L "Built" shortblock is garbage. I went to Livernois Friday to pickup my shortblock (the same shortblock that they told me would only take a week to build and ended up taking over 2 months). I loaded it up and took it to Bowling Green, KY. for the last NMRA event. Al was there racing, so I was going to meet him there so he could take it back to FL and double check Livernois' work since I heard WAAAAAAAAY too many bad things about them (after they had my motor, of course).

Well Al took the plastic bags off the motor and said "He has never seen ANYTHING like this before" The engine block is still filthy, Livernois' idea off "de-burring" the block, which they say is what they do on all of the Race motors they build, consisted of reaming out the oil returns on the deck of the block with a die-grinder and then never decking the block, leaving a razor sharp edge sticking up higher then the deck surface. The area around the main caps have all kinds of crud/crap still there. My crankshaft never recieved the work that Livernois said would be done(but yet still charged me for it).

All this before the motor was even tore apart. I'm sure theres plenty more to come. But I want a full list before I start making calls to Livernois and my Lawyer. Oh and by the way, the same shit that Livernois charged me $1300.00 for and didnt do. Al does the same thing that Livernois was supposed to do for $750.00. I would have loved to know that sooner.

Pictures to come........

:fm: :fm: :fm: :fm: :fm: :fm: :fm: :fm:

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I always feel bad when someone gets screwed by a tuner, but be prepared for the backlash from naysayers. The real deal always comes out in the end.

I was promised my motor would be done in 2 weeks and it ended up taking 3 months. Granted I'm on good terms still with my tuner, but I know how it feels.

Sorry to hear it and good luck.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraSVT657
:shrug: For a second I though you guys didnt care :shrug:

Nope, we do, sad to hear it. Have they responded to your concerns yet?

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
Find out from your lawyer what you need.. if you need Al to take pics of it while it's apart or whatnot.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
sorry to hear, AL will make you happy no doubts in my mind !!!!

i have been trying to tell these guys about the others !!!!! lol

see ya JEFF

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Big J...sorry to hear about your motor issues...but in all fairness to Livernois...they should be given an opportunity to make things right.

From what it looks like...they have not been made aware of your concerns as of yet...and when they are...they may be more than willing to work things out.

Dan and Norma are great people...I would be surprised if they turn their back on legitimate concerns.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
There are two sides to every story.

As Snakebite said, Dan and Norma are quality people and go out of their way to make sure their customers are happy. They obviously aren't perfect so some mistakes are made at times. When they are at fault, they rectify the issue.

People shouldn't make judgement about a shop after reading a single customers problem. For every one unhappy customer there are 100's or thousands who had a great experience.

I'm sorry to hear about the shortblock issues. I sympathize with you there. I'm sure it's extremely frustrating.

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
*EDITED BY DOUGWG*
There will be no jumping on the "Band Wagon" in this thread. :nonono:

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraSVT657

Established Member
OK,, I'm sure I will let Dan and Norma know whats going on.... But this has been a problem since the day i dropped it off....

1. They said it would only take a week to do, thats the first reason I took it there (ModularMotorsports and FoxLake where going to take a month) Ended up taking more then 2 months and costing more then the other 2 places

2. Quoted me a price.... then tried to charge me more when I went to pick it up.

3. No communication AT ALL

4. Didnt do all the work that they said they were going to do, but charged me for it.

5. Now come to find out that when they used a die-grinder to de-bur my oil returns on the deck,, the grinder sliped out and goudged the deck surface, wich would have been an oil leak right from the start. The cylinder walls were starting to have a film of rust from probably machining the cylinders then letting it sit for a month or two before putting it together. The taper on the cylinder walls is off.......... the list goes on.

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
CobraSVT657

Although I sympathize with you John, you should bring this to the attention of Dan Millen before posting any farther.

I'm sure he would like to have some feedback from his customers on the performance of his employees.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
yeah his next post will be about how well Al Patitto took care of
him !!!!!! and how great it runs !!!!!

unfortunately this is close to home and i have told you guys time
and time again about the problems !!!!! i have facts about at
least TEN situations involving Livernois and they have not
stepped up to the plate on any of them !!! i personally hate
the Internet bashing that goes on but THIS IS FACT !!!

and if they wanted to make things RIGHT they would have
already called , they know what been said on here already !!!
I am sure they have John's number on his Work Order .

let me know if you want me to start listing names and numbers !!!!

see ya JEFF

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraSVT657

Established Member
I would love to get a chance to talk to Dan or Norma.. but since finding out about this problem, I have have called several times... today makes it the 10th time I've called Livernoise to speak to Dan Doyle and Wayne from the engine department also tried to reach dan Millen several times. Nobody is ever there and Nobody has returned a call yet. But that dosent surprise me since they never once called me to tell me why my motor was taking 2 months to build insted of a week like they originally told me. But hell they never even called me to tell me it was done either.

Its a shame that a place this big, new and well know has this type of service.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
leave the number of your lawyer next time you call :thumbsup:

CobraSVT657

Established Member
Well I finally got ahold of Wayne at Livernois, I have to fax him everything that is wrong with the shortblock and he said he'll see what he can do.

The whole point to this thread was was to clearly state my problems with Livernois and to let others have knowledge of my situation. I can clearly see that some of my fellow MCT members havent been put in the same situation as me, and feel that my post wasent 'fair' to Livernois. The point is that my shortblock was not what I paid for and their service has been horrible from day one.

Jeff(FS Mach 1)---- I talked to Al last night for awhile and he said you were going to try to make most of the NMRA event next season... Good to see that I'll be traveling with a local with a well built Al Papitto engine next year

CobraSVT657

Established Member
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Last edited:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Big J-

If it seems like guys like myself are backing Livernois it is only because I have learned that using caution, patience and dialog is the best and most appropriate way to resolve vendor issues.

I have seen very intense vendor bashing on this site and others without the complainer performing due dilligence. I know it is VERY frustrating and I for one am 100% behind you if your issues are legit and the vendor refuses to resolve your concerns in a professional manner.

I am very interested in the outcome of your situation...so please keep us posted.

Last edited:

CobraSVT657

Established Member
I understand that some of my post my have seemed 'harsh' on Livernois. This is one of the most frustrating things that I have ever came across. I will keep my posts to updates only. I didnt mean to make it sound like the MCT dosent support their fellow members or to make some of you feel like you were getting put in the middle. I would love to see Livernois step up and take care of the problem, and I hope they do. When or 'if' they do rectify the situation, I will be the first to let you guys know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread