I just Heard a Rumor about a Recall???

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
I heard a rumor last week that the next batch of cars is being delayed , due to parts shortage. A Dealership guy told me that the next batch of cars is being delayed, because they are not producing the HP numbers they are being advertizes as. And that the 1st batch of car are going to be recalled for a new ECU.

Now my buddy had his on the dyno and the air/fuel was below the graph(9.7 base). Sounds very rich to me.

Anybody else heard anything? Could this be true?

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
WILDTHANG said:
I heard a rumor last week that the next batch of cars is being delayed , due to parts shortage. A Dealership guy told me that the next batch of cars is being delayed, because they are not producing the HP numbers they are being advertizes as. And that the 1st batch of car are going to be recalled for a new ECU.

Now my buddy had his on the dyno and the air/fuel was below the graph(9.7 base). Sounds very rich to me.

Anybody else heard anything? Could this be true?

A NEW ECU??!!? Dont you mean a "reflash"? Why put a new ECU in the car when you can just flash the firmware?!?!?!

JEllis

Established Member
Nope, this was just a rumor you can go to stangsunleashed.com or blueovalnews.com and read about the bad rumor...

Jason

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
WILDTHANG said:
I heard a rumor...
A Dealership guy told me...
Could this be true?
Hmmm...not the best source, that's for sure... :shrug: :-D

drmustang

Banned
They just started building these cars and the dealers are telling people that they are out of parts. Better pay that sucker tax and get yours now.

Unbelievable!

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
drmustang said:
They just started building these cars and the dealers are telling people that they are out of parts. Better pay that sucker tax and get yours now.

Unbelievable!

Ummmm.....they could be out of parts. That really isnt hard to do. You order a part, you check it and it isnt to spec...sums up to an unbuilt car :shrug:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
wals9331 said:
Ummmm.....they could be out of parts. That really isnt hard to do. You order a part, you check it and it isnt to spec...sums up to an unbuilt car :shrug:
In the early stages wasn't there something going around about Transmission availability issues?:shrug:

drmustang

Banned
They have only been building this car since June. How could they possibly be running out of parts. Is anyone really going to believe that nonsense.

Jpjr

Established Member
drmustang said:
They have only been building this car since June. How could they possibly be running out of parts. Is anyone really going to believe that nonsense.

A lot of the parts for this car... like the tranny, are sourced parts that are shipped as fast as they are made. It only takes one constraint to halt production on a niche vehicle.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I really don't think details about recalls are released until the recall is actually made. In other words, a rumor about a future recall is simply that, a rumor. Especially if it was heard from a "dealership guy". I work at a dealership, and I promise we're usually the last to hear about stuff like that. Dealerships simply don't get insider information like that. I'll hear about it on the news, or on the internet long before I hear about it form work.

And FWIW, parts availability is always an issue. Especially on new cars. New cars are produced so fast the supplier hardly has time to keep up and can't build up an inventory/stock of their product.

drmustang

Banned
GM finds 36,000 transmissions for their new Corvettes but Ford runs dry of the same component after a small number of GT500s are built. That is utter BS from a lying car salesman looking to convince someone to pay more than they should. There is simply no end to this nonsense and the sad part is how easily some buyers can be tricked by this greaseball stuff.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
drmustang said:
GM finds 36,000 transmissions for their new Corvettes but Ford runs dry of the same component after a small number of GT500s are built. That is utter BS from a lying car salesman looking to convince someone to pay more than they should. There is simply no end to this nonsense and the sad part is how easily some buyers can be tricked by this greaseball stuff.

GM has been using the same T56 since last Gen I believe. So its supplier was already ready to go.

This is a new tranny. Its possible to run out.

Don't be the *** that turns this into a F vs. C thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread