I just love the fact.....

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
....that the FRPP CAI is the exact one that will be on the KR and will give the same 40 HP increase over the stock GT500. I think I just saved myself $54,200. Not that I had $100K for a KR anyway.

Shinigami

Established Member
I'd hope there is a little more of a change than just an intake and tune to add the performance to the KR, if not then thats a REALLY shitty deal for the car.

At least a small exhaust change?

ingram4868

Established Member
The FRPP CAI is at the top of my list so far. It will be interesting to see what Justin at VMP is able to come up with when he tests this unit.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
That's a bid increase for a CAI isn't it? That will have to be first thing on the list when we get ours this winter.

chuckstang

Established Member
haha
The KR also gets new axle backs, springs, dampers, sway bars, strut brace, shifter, 373 gears, brake cooling ducts, larger wheels and tires, new hood...

so yes the FRPP intake/tune is just one part off of the KR but you are a long way from duplicating it if that is your goal hahah

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
Just trying to duplicate the HP and maybe later the handling. Figure around $850 installed for the CAI/tune. The axle-back is around $500 installed. Done. The whole suspension kit with sways, springs, and dampers is around $1800 plus install. Have the springs on hand will likely do the rest if a windfall happens my way. Like the stock shifter fine. My only point is that for about $3500 you can virtually match the KR's straightline and roadgoing performance with the same Ford Racing parts that you can buy from your dealer or online and still drive a "sleeper" GT500 without looking like a KR wannabe. Not a fan of clones but I do like an enhanced version of a stock car. I expect the KR to have an MSRP between $55-59K and dealers will tack on an extra $30-40K easily. So $50K for a FRPP modified GT500 that should run neck and neck with an $85-99K KR seems like a pretty good value. Brakes, paint job, and logos aside.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
That's a bid increase for a CAI isn't it? That will have to be first thing on the list when we get ours this winter.

A tune alone on this car will net you approximately 75hp. :idea: And that's through the OEM paper filter. :read:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

GT500R

Established Member
Think there is anyway of just buying the intake and heat shield for a cheaper price ($350-450?) and then an aftermarket tune ?

Klay

Established Member
Just trying to duplicate the HP and maybe later the handling. Figure around $850 installed for the CAI/tune. The axle-back is around $500 installed. Done. The whole suspension kit with sways, springs, and dampers is around $1800 plus install. Have the springs on hand will likely do the rest if a windfall happens my way. Like the stock shifter fine. My only point is that for about $3500 you can virtually match the KR's straightline and roadgoing performance with the same Ford Racing parts that you can buy from your dealer or online and still drive a "sleeper" GT500 without looking like a KR wannabe. Not a fan of clones but I do like an enhanced version of a stock car. I expect the KR to have an MSRP between $55-59K and dealers will tack on an extra $30-40K easily. So $50K for a FRPP modified GT500 that should run neck and neck with an $85-99K KR seems like a pretty good value. Brakes, paint job, and logos aside.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but don't forget yours wouldn't have a warranty while the kr would. So that is worth something right there.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
He's having it installed so it will continue to have a warranty since it is fords parts. Although I cant see anyone needing to get any of these parts installed for them maybe the have NO mechanical ability what-so ever. But It will continue to have a warrenty if the parts are installed by a ford dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread