I just ordered a FIPK to test against my JLT intakes!!!

NEVRL8

Established Member
Subscribing, I have the western motorsports CAI in the fender, and want to get a RWTD tune, but James recommends a straight shot like the FIPK or Steeda.

MP3_Stang

LabVIEW Guru
Established Member
Originally posted by MystiChrome Coupe
After you do your comparisons you ought to see if the K&N can be matched up with your RAI tube. I remember people (me included) that was wondering if the 2 products would work together & if there are any gains to be seen.

Just a thought.

I would like to know also!

Tucker

As I said in the first post, Yes I will. I don't think this will be such a bad thing if there is a difference.
I did get it on Thurdays.
Just looking at the thing tells me if there is a difference in the FIPK's favor it won't be much. Then factor in my price and color option, I think I will still be selling them.

I will be testing on my car this coming week and the stocker the following week.

Emil

Established Member
The JLT CAI's true advantage is getting air from outside the engine compartment. One test you may consider is simulating a typical stoplight encounter.
Outside fan off,
idle the car for a minute,
turn the fan on and start the pull at the same time.
Just some thoughts.

badstang

Established Member
Originally posted by MystiChrome Coupe
After you do your comparisons you ought to see if the K&N can be matched up with your RAI tube. I remember people (me included) that was wondering if the 2 products would work together & if there are any gains to be seen.

Just a thought.

Yes, the 2 products do work together :) I have a pic if anyone wants to resize it for me.....

-Mike

jordanvraptor

Established Member
This should be interesting as I have a few buddies with 03 Cobras who use the FIPK while I have the JLT true cold air. I just finished my buildup and have not dynoed mine yet but I have noticed the air charge temps are about 10-15 degrees lower than when I was running a straight shot Powerstack or the stock airbox with a KN drop in filter. My buildup includes a 2.75 pulley and idler, Predator tune, JLT true cold air intake, Accufab Throttle Body, Magnaflow X pipe w cats, and a 3" MAC catback. My money is on the JLT.:beer:

Tucker

Thanks for the confidence guys.
As far as testing, doing the 2 cars, about 8-12 pulls each and the time needed to swap everything over this will cost me about $500 or more, including the new FIPK. I don't own a dyno shop, so I need to pay just like everyone else. I sure this works in my favor or I'm :kaboom:

This will be a learning experiance!
:beer:

YGETV8

Established Member
*IF* you see any gains from the FIPK over yours, I'd bet it is the belled inlet right before the MAF. From what I have read and seen, they can make a large difference in inlet flow. All you have to do is see a pic of the large inlet on the fast turbo cars and you see there must be *something* to it!

Thats is why I am interested in your RAI for use with my FIPK... I'd like to keep that part of it!

Maybe V 2.0 of the JLT CAI could incorporate a bell and appropriate filter all tucked into the fender (I've thought of trying your CAI with my FIPK parts, but I'm afraid the filter is too large)... bet that would kick some ass!

Good luck, and it's research like this that will keep us getting faster and faster!

Tucker

Originally posted by YGETV8
[B
Maybe V 2.0 of the JLT CAI could incorporate a bell and appropriate filter all tucked into the fender (I've thought of trying your CAI with my FIPK parts, but I'm afraid the filter is too large)... bet that would kick some ass!

Good luck, and it's research like this that will keep us getting faster and faster! [/B]
I have a customer using both the CAI and FIPK together now.

I do think the K&N trick is the bell insert, but my S&B filters have this right in the filter. S&B patented this design and is new. I never tested this since my change to these filters. I hope this makes the playing field even or in my favor.

blwn88cpe

Established Member
When are you planning on doing the dyno testing? It will definitely be interesting.:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm very much interested in these tests because of the recent high interest in the K&N FIPK.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Originally posted by blwn88cpe
When are you planning on doing the dyno testing? It will definitely be interesting.:beer:

What he said .. I'm in the market right now :)

Also .. I hear you have a heat shield setup for your RAI .. do you have any pics? How much does it cost?

As far as your RAI setup with a K&N FIPK ... did any additional work have to be done for this to work?

thanks,

Crowley

Last edited:

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by 03'Darin
Still available. It's just a $100 postal money order away from being on the big brown truck headed your way.

Darin

I have an MO waiting for you is this is still available. Also looking forward to the results of this intake matchup.

Tucker, I emailed about a mystichrome RAI/CAI setup. Did you get it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread