I Just Wanted to Introduce myself with!

red351wcobra

Established Member
I have been a Lurker on this board for quite some time know.I bought my 03 in August of 2002, I havent really done much to it till this past year. I thought maybe a few of you would be interested in what I have done to the Cobra so far. A member did a thread where he made his custom hood vents.. I thought I would take a crack at it.. not to hard really just time consuming. I decided to remove every other slat. Did alittle sanding, primed it, wet sanded, Then shot some gloss black on them. There not perfect, but im happy with the results..

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

finished and on the car
IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

It seems that everyone is putting 315s or bigger on there Cobras, I couldn't find really any threads on the 17 inch Toyo R888 315/35/17. I didn't have any problems with clearance, I did have to use a BFH on the inner quarter but nothing major.. It was more insurance then anything. Just in case I nail a huge pothole or something. I have 17x10.5 wheels. No spacers at the moment. I am going to put 1/4in hubcentric spacers in next weekend when I get a chance.I did roll my fender lips, but in my case it isn't needed. My Cobra is lowered by about 1in. I cut 3/4 off each coil. I'll get some really good shots of the car latter for everyones viewing pleasure.

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

The tire is close to the IRS support, right at 1/4in. That's why im going to put the spacers on, and it will bring the tire out closer to the fender.
IMG_3506.jpg

Hope I could help someone out who might be interested in doing this to there Cobra..More to come.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
How does your high mt. stoplight sticker work/look in the dark? I had a piece of vinyl with WILDHORSE cut out of it on my GT. Worked great with the incandescent bulbs, tried it on the cobra and couldnt really see it with the LED's in the cobra's high mount. Using the letters instesd of the stencil might work better though, never thought of that? Anyway, so does it look good? Sharp car too, btw!

red351wcobra

Established Member
WildHorse- Mine is vinyl to. The l.e.d s works great behind the sticker.Its really visible at night and during the day. I'll take a photo of it latter tonight and post it for you

1wild-horse

Established Member
sweet. i'll just have to get the letters then instead of the stencil! thanks

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
car looks good. wow you have been lurking since '07 or '02 lol. how many miles on her? never even seen those hi mount stickers before..

red351wcobra

Established Member
Yeah I have been around for awhile. I used visit Corral.net alot but when I sold my 94 Cobra I found that SVTPerformance was a much better info site regarding the 03 Cobra. I bought the hi mount sticker off eBay for around $15 or so. I bought a Cobra, and Mach 1 sticker for my cousin. I have just over 50K miles. She isnt driven much.

red351wcobra

Established Member
Here is a picture of the High mount decal. It shows up really well.
I also bought some LED reverse lights, and license plate lights from superbrightleds.com.. they are amazing. a must upgrade.

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

jdgt03

Established Member
I also bought some LED reverse lights, and license plate lights from superbrightleds.com.. they are amazing. a must upgrade.

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

That looks pretty good, ive been thinking about doing this to mine but getting SVT on my 3rd brakelight.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
All of the mods you've done look really nice. The COBRA lettering is very unique. I don't think I've ever seen that before. The hood slats came out awesome. Nice work! :thumbsup:

1wild-horse

Established Member

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

that does show up pretty good. So is the vinyl a little transparent, you can see through it a little? Have a vinyl lettering hook up in town gonna try to make my own again! this time i'll use the letters!

Black Sex

Established Member
Im glad you like my hood vent idea. I had mine like that for about a week, then I went back and cut out everyother slat again. That made for twice the work. But the end result is something different that you can't buy....yet. Your car looks great. How do you like the tires?

Last edited:

red351wcobra

Established Member
The sticker is a big overlay and it's transparent where it says cobra. I guess that so the light from the LEDs disperses evenly. I cant remember who I bought the overlay from, but it was ebay about 4 years ago. It has held up really well.

Killersvtcobra: that why I did the vents. they are unique that most people dont have. And I dont mind putting alittle work into stuff like that. very rewarding when it comes out good. so thanks for the great idea.. I love the Toyo R888. They where alittle expensive at $260 each. Yes they are pretty damn soft, only 100 tread wear rating.. If I just nail it in first they will spin over just a few turns and then dead hook.. I couldn't get them to spin in second, even on a crappy road, Unlike my old Sumotomos that would roast 1st, 2nd, and some of 3rd. LoL my car feels slower,They do have just a hint of road noise but nothing the radio cant cure. I havn't driven them in the rain yet, but I DONT plan on it either.. If I do I will let you know how they do.
Thanks for the compliments guy. I love my Terminator, It might not be as refined as the new Shelby's but it nothing short of WorkHorse.

Users who are viewing this thread