I Killed It

MORPHEUS

Burninating Competition
Established Member
I was going down Rt55 about 4 miles outside of Deptford doin about 80 when I decide to get on it a little. At around 108 I got a jerky sensation and then BOOM! Scared the sh!t outta me. The smoke was so bad that about 2 minutes after I pulled over a state trooper pulled up and said that someone had reported a car fire, lol. So, to make a long story short, I wound up ventillating both sides of the block and I threw the #3 rod. I was planning on getting a built motor, but not like this. Oh well, this sucks, add another granaded block to the list.

MORPHEUS

Burninating Competition
Established Member
Well, I have a 6lb lower(which would make it 14) but for some reason my Autometer gauge reads boost at 15lbs.

Last edited:

trepanlightning

Established Member
pulley

So I got a #6 pulley right now and I got headers, mid pipe, and cats on the way. should that #6 be safe or should I look for a #4?

TrueBlueSVT

Established Member
Re: pulley

Originally posted by trepanlightning
So I got a #6 pulley right now and I got headers, mid pipe, and cats on the way. should that #6 be safe or should I look for a #4?
I had a #4 for about a year with no problems, then I put a #6 on and the engine lasted about 2 months. I had it retuned and everything, now the new engine will be running with 20 pounds of boost.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Originally posted by MORPHEUS
I was going down Rt55 about 4 miles outside of Deptford doin about 80 when I decide to get on it a little. At around 108 I got a jerky sensation and then BOOM! Scared the sh!t outta me. The smoke was so bad that about 2 minutes after I pulled over a state trooper pulled up and said that someone had reported a car fire, lol. So, to make a long story short, I wound up ventillating both sides of the block and I threw the #3 rod. I was planning on getting a built motor, but not like this. Oh well, this sucks, add another granaded block to the list.

O btw. What kinda plugs where you running?

TrueBlueSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by SlammedSVT
How many miles on your truck? Who was the tunner. I am scared to run my 6lb now.
I only had 23,000 miles on the truck and had a Diablo Delta Chip tuned by Johnny Lightning Performance. The plugs were Denzo (2 stages colder than stock). I ran a Superchip from JDM while I had the #4, but for some reason it wouldn't flip over to race setting, so I decided to try the Diablo.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
That just sucks that it blew with only 23,000 miles. I might understand on over 100k. I havent tried to flip mine over yet. I got to boost to octane up a little befor that. How did you like the Diablo? Better than JDM?

MORPHEUS

Burninating Competition
Established Member
Originally posted by ShaneN.
wow, that's kind of scary. Is that a bad tuning issue?
No Shane, the tune was PERFECT!

How many miles on your truck? Who was the tunner. I am scared to run my 6lb now.
I just turned over 21,000 miles. My tuner is Tommy from Outrageous Performance (but this was COMPLETELY not his fault at all) Tommy is a kickass tuner, and I still wouldn't bring my ride anywhere else.

O btw. What kinda plugs where you running?
I am running Denso's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info on the truck is as follows:
It's a 99 with:
Diablo chip (Very conservative tune)
6lb lower pulley
102mm maf tube from REM
S&B 12in Filter
Denso Plugs
Factory Tech Valve Body
Bassani Exhaust

Last edited:

TrueBlueSVT

Established Member
How did you like the Diablo? Better than JDM?
The truck runs a lot better at idle with the JLP tune, the RPMs bounced around more with the JDM tune. As far as Diablo vs. Superchips, I don't think it matters...all that matters is the tune

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
that dont sound right, something else caused that. i have a 6 lower 2 upper and every bolt on imagineable...14 lbs of boost and Nitrous....

MORPHEUS

Burninating Competition
Established Member
I know what you mean Kris. It's just a "luck of the draw" thing I guess. I dunno, but I'm not really feeling all that lucky right now. I'm just trying to not get worked up over it, nothing I can do about it. Still sucks a fat one though.:nonono:

aleon

Established Member
If I go with Manley rods, could I prevent this from happening to me? Also, with Manley rods, how much boost can you run? Sorry to hear about your truck man, that really sux! :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread