I know how you guys like spiders.... but this is just cool!

CBrowning84

Established Member
Friend of mine posted this on Facebook... I would normally say "OMG KILL IT WITH FIRE!" but uh... it's just actually pretty dang cool! :thumbsup:

spider.jpg

Last edited:

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
I two front "legs" are actually palps. They are there for sensory purposes.

Edit: Seeing that SVTP is so fond of spiders. Why haven't we made the wasp the official SVTP mascot?

Last edited:

Dave_6

Established Member
Friend of mine posted this on Facebook... I would normally say "OMG KILL IT WITH FIRE!" but uh... it's just actually pretty dang cool! :thumbsup:

spider.jpg

Got one of those around the back of my house. I've left it alone as those eat other spiders like Brown Recluse and Black Widows :)

FWIW it's about as big as my iPhone.

mnewxcv

Established Member
i snapped a pic the other day too outside of a house i was visiting. never seen anything like this before:

8418befd.gif

sorry for the low quality, iphone4 camera.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
The spider the OP posted are all over Texas/Louisiana.

I've always heard them referred to as Banana Spiders, I believe they are also a type of golden silk orb-weavers.

They have really big and cool looking webs, when I was a kid we would throw grasshoppers into them and watch the spider spin it up into a cocoon.

Wikkd03

Established Member
The spider the OP posted are all over Texas/Louisiana.

I've always heard them referred to as Banana Spiders, I believe they are also a type of golden silk orb-weavers.

They have really big and cool looking webs, when I was a kid we would throw grasshoppers into them and watch the spider spin it up into a cocoon.

I've always heard them called garden spiders or orb weavers. I saw a guy walk into a web and one of those got on his head, it was hilarious watching him run and scream like a girl lmao

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
I've got one on my back window, my wife wants me to kill it but after I told her it kills other spiders and wasps she was more than happy to leave it alone

IMG_1395.gif

Users who are viewing this thread