I know I know!! Has anyone installed a trailer hitch?

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
Might as well put some 10ply tires and be sure to get a trailor brake wired up!! :rollseyes Dude get a truck a beater or something!

I agree its sacreligious to pull something with a trailer, the only things cobras should pull are other cars!:lol:

Jaysvt

Ready for Summer
Established Member
Cobra Killer is right if i could find a hitch i would buy one too. I have a brand new banshee and can't do $hit with it!!!!!!!!! I also feel that it is only a car and besides it's not a baby it can handle a little weight. I am willing to bet that most of you carry that much or more in people every fri night going to the bar, your telling me pulling a trailer with a tounge weight of only 100 lbs is going to hurt the car. BS
You guys know "WHO EVER DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Go with it Cobrakiller i think it will be bad a$$

my 2 cents

jay

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
The funny thing our cars have a lot of things in common with a good tow vehicle.

Pro
Steep gear
Broad Torque
Rear wheel drive

Con
Manual transmission
It's the sexiest looking car known to man (except that blue DB-7 I saw cruisin toaday)
It's a car

Steeda1

Established Member
My step-dad had a 2000 t/a that he used to pull a sedoo speedster. Every time we went out with it EVERYONE would look and laugh.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Autocross guys have trailers all the time for four tires, tools, etc. Your ATV couldn't be much worse. I can't imagine it would harm your car as long as you have a good hitch and drive like a reasonable person.

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by Steeda1
My step-dad had a 2000 t/a that he used to pull a sedoo speedster. Every time we went out with it EVERYONE would look and laugh.

Let 'em laugh. They are not the ones going to the lake in a 150mph+ muscle car with another 'musclecraft' in tow.

On the other side of the coin doesn't that little seadoo look a little stupid behind that Suburban or H2?

Each to their own!

SuperSonic

Established Member
I autocross a lot and I did not want to trailer the car. I took a Hidden Hitch for a 2003 GT and had it modified by a friend. It had to be lowered about 1 1/2" to clear the rear valence. Think of it as an added bumper protecting your gas tank. The trailer holds 4 race tires, jack and some tools, probably 4' x 5'. I tow this trailer all over the place, don't even know it's back there. I have a picture, but it won't let me post it.

jdl1000

Established Member
Gave up my quads for the cobra. I miss them but love the cobra more!!
Trade the Cobra in for a Lightning thats the next best thing.
Then you can have your cake and eat it too!!!:beer: :burnout:

Redwing

Established Member
Look in some of the biker magazines. There are always adds for trailers meant to be pulled by motorcycles. Several people in my Goldwing club pulled trailers ranging from little tiny ones of about 125 pounds to big ones weighing 700 pounds loaded. No problems or breakdowns. A good hitch is always the secret.
My partner has a sea-doo on a trailer stored in our compound. When we need to more it, one of our men can lift the tongue and pull it around by himself without getting a hernia.
All this would lead me the think that surely a 400 horespower Mustang could pull a light trailer without blowing up!
In fact, now that I think about it, I do believe I'm going to buy a very small trailer so that when I go to various Mustang events this summer I can bring more than a pair of shorts and a bottle of pop with me. My wife and I are planning several NMRA and FFW events, and it would be great to have chairs, a cooler, a table, and of course our pop-up Gazebo roof for shade over the car while I Zaino the sh-t out of it!
Just my 2 cents

CS 1

Originally posted by Killer Cobra
It's just a car. Gee wiz! I think it would look cool towing a bad ass quad. You guys are too deep into your cars. It's just to get you from a to b. Why you make it out to be more then what it is..Transportation..!!

this should be good. Hang on please I need to go get some popcorn.

ibepressin

Established Member
It's just a car. Gee wiz! I think it would look cool towing a bad ass quad. You guys are too deep into your cars.
This is a board full of people who truely love their terminators "as i soon will be". But the funny thing to me is calling a kodiak 450 a bad ass quad :lol:

lifter213

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Why not just buy a beater pickup and keep the Cobra and the quad.:shrug:

exactly :shrug:

Or if your wife had a car/suv put the damn hitch on that. I would'nt care if your pulling a Enzo on a trailer behind the car it would still look gay having a hitch on there.

cbrtrx

Established Member
like i said i had one made, you can barely see it and pulling one of my quads or bikes does not affect the way the car drives at all, i cant even tell its back there most of the time, if you really need one then i would not think twice about getting one.

UBNSTRK

SVT GOD
Established Member
It's just a car. Gee wiz! I think it would look cool towing a bad ass quad. You guys are too deep into your cars. It's just to get you from a to b. Why you make it out to be more then what it is..Transportation..!!

As Jesse James says....

Its not just for getting from point a to point b its the point....

(it goes something like that) :rockon:

Zach

Users who are viewing this thread