I like driving in the drone zone!!!

2003 Cobra

Established Member
I've read a lot of posts in which some people hate the drone which occurs in the 1800-2000 rpm range with aftermarket cat-backs. Personally I kind of like the drone and sometimes drive in that rpm range just to get the drone. Kind of nuts as I'm aging and did not want a loud exhaust system. I've got the Magnaflow cat-X pipe with the FR-500 cat back.

Justin

Established Member
I liked the drone that I had on my 97. I liked it for about a year. Then I just stopped liking it. I am actually enjoying my stock 03 for right now. I know that wont last long...

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
Same here:-D I LOVE IT!!! in my 93 Cobra Full Bassani Exhaust with off road x pipe, i would just leave it in second or third and cruise in the DRONE ZONE, and when approaching the stoplight, would get chills and a grin when the rpm would decrease and make music to my ears!!

Peace.:burnout:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
The only time the drone was ever a problem for me in the GT ws on long freeway drives. It will drive you nuts then.

Other than that I like the sound of a good rumble also.

davidmax

Established Member
Never met a drone I didnt like.They are awful on long drives,kind of like a Harley with open pipes.

Users who are viewing this thread