I love you Chemical Guys!!!

rynaldo

GT Perfectionist
Established Member
Decided to clean Cookie Monster today, and have now switched over 100% to Chemical Guys products... VERY happy with the way my first cleaning came out with their stuff, and I am sure I will get even better results once I mess with them a lot more... I didn't use my Black Light Radiant finish this time around, as I wanted to try my FREE XXX wax they sent me, but I will next time for sure!!! I did use my favorite product of all time of theirs, the hybrid V7 detailing spray... That stuff is absolutely incredible... I highly endorse their products, and will be buying a ton more as I build up my cleaning/detailing section in my garage...:pepper:

5267175F-C8D1-44AA-8C84-545F03D4A9C6_zpsqcvuzuz1.jpg

CFCE47ED-0306-47ED-889F-68A32D139195_zpselstbxlh.jpg

6D195B54-08E6-4E87-96CF-412E7EA0E263_zpsqa11bnol.jpg

FEB6680D-BEC4-4BDD-8286-C00D34D6A404_zps13zzc0cr.jpg

A03EB6CC-8F7E-48D3-A708-4C0C1154FEEE_zpsyipoawsg.jpg

96AC0626-2F74-4206-9BE2-F4C96C1F5126_zpsobammhbt.jpg

PC03GT

Established Member
That bitch is clean. Nice job! I'm still trying to figure out which wax would be the best for gotta have it green

Last edited:

rynaldo

GT Perfectionist
Established Member
The radiant blacklight is beyond sick, even for other color cars in combination with the hybrid v7... and the LAVA wax they make is on my Father's Day list...

Electrokid

Established Member
That bitch is clean. Nice job! I'm still trying to figure out which wax would be the best for gotta have it green

Not chemical guys, but Son1cWax Phoenix would be perfect for GHIG as it makes metallic flake pop like crazy!! Just one of the many positive attributes of the wax along with durability, gloss, slickness, and beading quality.

stangfreak

Established Member
I have switched so many people to v7. You can use it anywhere. exterior of course.

My favorite combo, when I detailed my ford fusion which is sport blue, was black light and v7. I did it on my cobra which was silver and it was ok. works better on darker colors. use black light next. You will see what Im talking about

stangfreak

Established Member
also give pinnacle crystal mist a try. Its my other favorite quick detailer. I love it. I like to keep a variety of products to keep things interesting. I also like dodo juice basics of bling detailer. Its a nice overall product. smells fantastic and its easy on easy off.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Not chemical guys, but Son1cWax Phoenix would be perfect for GHIG as it makes metallic flake pop like crazy!! Just one of the many positive attributes of the wax along with durability, gloss, slickness, and beading quality.

This.
The protowax sample made my 14 sterling grey pop like a pimple. If you have metallic flakes this is the way to go. I also am a fan of CG products. I just got a mtm foam cannon and a gallon of honeydew snow foam. I doubt I will use any other soap. That stuff is really really slick and seems to work better than other soaps I have used. It is almost like lubrication on your paint. OP if you don't have the foam cannon yet. Put it on your wish list, you will not be disappointed.

very nice job by the way. Looks killer not to mention it is one of my favorite colors.

Last edited:

RC-5.0

Established Member
All by hand... Only way I roll...:) thanks for the compliments...

You wouldn't say that if you had severe swirl marks. You will NEED a nice array of supplies with that color...sharp!
i have recently adopted several of CG products. I was exclusively an Adam's user, but then switched to a few Auto Geek and CG stuff. I get a lot of "supplies" from Auto Geek, but the actual chemicals from Adam's/CG. I do like the Honey Dew soap, but that goes in the MTM.. I use the Citrus yellow in the bucket...that stuff is great too.
RC

rynaldo

GT Perfectionist
Established Member
Probably not... But I don't...:) yet anyway...

You wouldn't say that if you had severe swirl marks. You will NEED a nice array of supplies with that color...sharp!
i have recently adopted several of CG products. I was exclusively an Adam's user, but then switched to a few Auto Geek and CG stuff. I get a lot of "supplies" from Auto Geek, but the actual chemicals from Adam's/CG. I do like the Honey Dew soap, but that goes in the MTM.. I use the Citrus yellow in the bucket...that stuff is great too.
RC

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
The radiant blacklight is beyond sick, even for other color cars in combination with the hybrid v7... and the LAVA wax they make is on my Father's Day list...

friend of mine swears by blacklight. I have yet to try but V07 tops my favorite detail spray by far!! :rockon:

Electrokid

Established Member
Maybe there is something wrong with me, but I cannot for the life of me find a use for Blacklight. Is it a weak sealant? Is it a glaze?
I have a bottle and have used it maybe once or twice. I can't seem to find a place for it in my regimen.

stangfreak

Established Member
Black light does have light abrasives in it. I use it once in a while just to change things up. I don't even follow it up with wax. I just use v7 over it and maintain it with v7. My sport blue fusion came out insane. And that was with no machine! Darker colors it works great. I did notice that on the cobra my paint is softer than the fusion and the black light did cause a bit of marring.

ctgreddy

Established Member
well after this thread I ordered some black light and v07. They had a package with those two and two microfibers and an applicator for 48 bucks, couldn't pass it up lol.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I have been using Chemical Guys for quite a while. I thought I would provide some contrast here, since we are talking about Chemical Guys.

I recently received a batch of Microfiber towels from them that had staples embedded in the shag. I wrote to them and expressed my concern while also being quite positive and praising their products. I received a return email which was extremely generic and uninterested... stating they would pass the information along to the shipping department. The mail was brief, addressed me by the wrong name, and never even apologized. (FYI, the staple was found in multiple towels now and is responsible for scratching my car)

I wrote back, nicely stating that I expected better from their customer service. I purposely stated that my name was Chris, not Dave.

I received another response addressing me as Dave again. It was just as brief and now offered an apology as requested... but seemed just as short and dismissive as the first response. I have requested to talk to a supervisor or manager and I am waiting to hear back. If I don't receive some type of reasonable response I will drop Chemical Guys...

Just an FYI. Yes, I like their products but their customer service is horrible in my experience. When I have an outcome I'll create a post to let everyone know what is going on with CG. If this level of service is repeated as the issue is escalated with their customer service department, I would say it is no longer just isolated to the rep I have been dealing with but rather is a good sampling of what to expect when dealing with CG.

OP, your car looks great.

EDITED to correct typo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread