I LOVES initial D

vinnycobra03

Established Member
I just got netflix maybe 4 months ago. Well anyone with netflix knows that you watch every decent movie on there within a week (all the rest are like straight to dvd movies, I mean who seriously wants to watch hellraiser 12: pinhead makes a sandwhich)...

Well the point is I watched everything worth watching (spartacus ftw), and saw this anime on there with a skyline r34 on the cover. So I was like sure why not. Well I started watching the show, and have been hooked ever since. The first season is a little dated and hard to watch, but the other seasons look pretty good. The racing is pretty fun to watch, and the cars are amazing.

They also made a live action movie (in 2005 apparently... I don't get out much), It was pretty good. The show has the typical anime style and jokes, but for some reason its super addicting.

Just wanted to see how everyone else felt about the show, and if you had not watched it yet, check it out. Totally worth a gander.

oldmodman

Established Member
I really enjoyed Initial D too.

Never saw the third season, I'll have to watch it.

Very realistic descriptions about the cars and fun but kinda dumb plots.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Congratulations....Welcome to the interwebs....

Lol j/k

Initial D is OLD, its cool but that whole drifting thing is kind of lame.

If you want to see a show that is A LOT better try to get Wangan Midnight. Its a lot more street racing orientated and talks about real facts with cars :)

vinnycobra03

Established Member
Congratulations....Welcome to the interwebs....

Lol j/k

Initial D is OLD, its cool but that whole drifting thing is kind of lame.

If you want to see a show that is A LOT better try to get Wangan Midnight. Its a lot more street racing orientated and talks about real facts with cars :)

SO going to. thanks man.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I bought alot of DVDs when I used to watch anime. That must've been in about 2004. I pretty much stop watching because they stop releasing the DVDs here for awhile. But the show is good. Sometimes, you do get the sense that they're milking the story for time but not as bad as dbz. I would like to continue where I left off but no Netflix:(

Movie was... okay. Kinda hard to fit a whole series within a couple hour movie but I still think it would've been better if made here

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
The anime was cool. The live action I felt was lacking but fun to watch.

Check out Deathnote. I watched the live action series of that first before the anime. I really liked both.

Twinturbo...Would you mind pming me the site you host :)? I'm always looking for new stuff to watch.

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
if you ever need any other info im your go to guy on anime lol. I host a site with over 10TB of anime on it :rockon:

you know I thought I was a nerd because I collect old videogames, and have a gaming channel on youtube, and go to at least 10 midnight releases a year for videogames

You win sir. You win.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
if you ever need any other info im your go to guy on anime lol. I host a site with over 10TB of anime on it :rockon:

:beer: Way back when my wife and I were dating we watched every anime available in the rental stores in town (pre netflix and streaming days). Both blockbusters and 2 other owner/operator stores.

The first cartoon I remember getting hooked on as a kid was Starblazers.

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
:beer: Way back when my wife and I were dating we watched every anime available in the rental stores in town (pre netflix and streaming days). Both blockbusters and 2 other owner/operator stores.

The first cartoon I remember getting hooked on as a kid was Starblazers.

Thats on Netflix now ;)

Robotech will always be my first insterest. lol

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member

Check out Deathnote. I watched the live action series of that first before the anime. I really liked both.

Twinturbo...Would you mind pming me the site you host :)? I'm always looking for new stuff to watch.

They made a live action for Deathnote? I thought the anime was really good so ill check that out.

Only other animes ive seen is Bleach and Monster. Monster was definitely cool, a live action for that would be very good.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I'm watching on "gogoanime". It's free and has an incredible amount of shows.

What's your site? Free or pay? And what quality of download?

animecrunch.com i run the servers for the files and the rest is done by friends.

you know I thought I was a nerd because I collect old videogames, and have a gaming channel on youtube, and go to at least 10 midnight releases a year for videogames

You win sir. You win.

:lol:

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
They made a live action for Deathnote? I thought the anime was really good so ill check that out.

Only other animes ive seen is Bleach and Monster. Monster was definitely cool, a live action for that would be very good.

They did 3 Deathnote movies.

I stopped watching bleach at about episode 255. lol. Monster is crazy!! Definitely cool.

Thanks TwinTurbo. My kids and I used to watch crunchyroll.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
I hope you guys are watching subbed and not dubbed . . .

To the op, netflix is cool and all but find subbed ones of the anime you like, it's a better expreience (if you havn't watched too many subbed films/shows it'll take a while to get used to it but it's worth it).

Users who are viewing this thread